CHAPTER 17 - FLIP THE COIN

-7 MONTHS LATER-

It's nearly sunset when Chaeyoung is driving his car in the busy Seoul street. He keeps glancing at his wristwatch, there are 10 minutes left before 6 in the evening. As he turns the steering wheel, heading to the side of the street, he steps on the brake. He stops his car in front of a newly opened building with some bouquets of flowers and congratulatory boards still stranded at the entrance.

As he notices a familiar woman figure dashing out from the building, his lips twitch into a smile. The woman notices Chaeyoung's idiotic smile as she hops inside his car.

"What's with the smiles, babe?" Her soft voice asks in amusement.

"Nothing, just admiring my most beautiful Minari," he says and gives a quick peck on her lips. "How was your day, babe? Is everything okay?" He asks before releasing the handbrake and stepping onto the pedal before they drift from the building.

"Not really, still many things I need to set up and arrange. We got lots of tasks and some new clients we need to handle, and they are freaking demanding, but luckily there's Jihyo helping me a lot," Mina mumbles in sighs, looking at Chaeyoung that is now focused on driving.

"It's okay, baby. You are still new in handling business, surely you will get used to it later. Let me know if you need my help, okay?" He steals a glance at Mina in his peripheral view.

"Thank you, Chaeng," Mina couldn't help but melt in Chaeyoung's care, concern understanding, and love for her. She then shifts her position, leaning her head on Chaeyoung's shoulder. He just chuckles at her girlfriend's clingy nature and gives a kiss on top of her head.

Last week, Mina started her own business in fashion branding and design together with Jihyo after a few months they contemplated, discussed, and planned this idea. The launching ceremony of their company was held last week at their new building where Chaeyoung just picked her up.

The aim of their business is to provide and invent new and fresh ideas in fashion, starting from Korea and aiming for international recognition in the years ahead.

Some clients come from a few quite big companies in Korea so far. With the help of some close contacts from their circles, especially Nayeon, who assists their business with connections and engagement with entrepreneurs. Besides, Chaeyoung, as the co-CEO of one of the famous accessories and jewelry brands internationally, also assists Mina with the engagement.

"By the way, babe, how was your day?" Mina casually asks her boyfriend.

"Quite busy, and today we had an urgent meeting. It's giving me a headache," Chaeyoung sighs.

"Uh? What was it about?" Mina raises her head to face him.

"You won't believe me, our model terminated her contract in the middle of our latest promotions. It's freaking puzzling me up since we couldn't find any decent models for now," Chaeyoung rants.

"Poor my baby," Mina brushes his hand. She feels reservations for a while before saying, "Babe...I don't want to burden you. Why not if I start driving to work by myself?" Mina slowly suggests.

"We already talked about this, right?" Chaeyoung casually replies. "I will send you to work and pick you up afterward. And if you need to meet clients during working hours, I'll hire you a driver. I can't let you drive for now, babe," Chaeyoung firmly states.

Mina knows she can't object to Chaeyoung's request and decides to wash the things out from their conversations. "Alright if you think it is the best for me."

Chaeyoung just smiles in return. He then tunes the latest Twice song in his carplay entitled 'I GOT YOU.'

"Babe, listen to this, isn't the lyrics beautiful?" Chaeyoung sings the song while holding Mina's hand.