CHAPTER 27 - REGRETLESS

It feels like a thousand venomous blades piercing her heart, knowing that her boyfriend lied and betrayed the trust she gave him. There's no point in holding back now, especially not when the source of the lies is another woman— their own friend, his fucking best friend, his childhood friend, Sana.

It doesn't take long for her to decide to ambush Chaeyoung at his office. Even though she hopes that what unfolds before her won't happen, she really needs to confront this.

As soon as she steps out of the cab that stops at Chaeyoung's office building, she strides toward his office. Words cannot describe how much pain and anger she feels, how the fire burns in her heart.

All eyes are on her as she stops right in front of the door, but she couldn't care less about them, all she cares about is her outrage and pain.

As the door swings open, Chaeyoung and Sana appear before her. "Son Chaeyoung!" Her voice rings out, tinged with anger and sadness.

Both flinch, looking at Mina unexpectedly present. "M-Mina-yaa?" Chaeyoung is dumbfounded and abruptly stands.

"Why are you lying to me, Son Chaeyoung?" her voice is stern.

Chaeyoung is awfully nervous; he steps closer to her. "Babe..W-what are you talking about?" He tries to calm the turmoil in his stomach.

"What are you doing here with her, Chaeyoung? Didn't you say you have a meeting and couldn't go out to lunch with me? Is this what you call a meeting?" Her eyes gaze straight at Sana. If her stares could kill, Sana might already be dead.

Chaeyoung sighs. "I do have a meeting, Mina-yaa, a meeting with... Sana." He can't think straight anymore, as Mina has already caught them red-handed.

"Do you think I'm stupid, Chaeng? This is nothing like a meeting. Does a meeting make you hold your employee's hand?" Her voice extinguishes the light in Chaeyoung's eyes, replacing it with fear and a hint of defensiveness.

"Mina-yaa, it's not like what you think.
Chaeyoung and I... we really..."

"Shut up, Sana! I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to my boyfriend," Mina's voice sharply cuts Sana.

A rush of madness suddenly hits Chaeyoung straight in the heart upon hearing Mina raise her voice to Sana. "Don't be mad at her, Mina-yaa. She's not the one to be blamed," he says, turning Mina's body to face him, his hands lift up holding her shoulders.

Mina groans. "Just tell me, what made you lie to me? Is it because of her, Chaeng?" Tears fall from her eyes, unable to contain her stirred feelings anymore.

Chaeyoung feels bitter for a moment and lets out an exasperated sigh. "I really don't want to fight with you now, not in my office. Please don't cause me any trouble, Mina-yaa... You should go first, we will talk about this at home," he says, lowering his head to avoid Mina's blaring gaze.

Chaeyoung's remarks completely cut her heart, making her feel nauseous from her abdomen straight to her mind. "Are you serious? Do you really want to let this slide just like this? I'm not going anywhere, Son Chaeyoung. Not until you tell me why you lied to me." Mina is firm in her words, not wanting to back down, especially when her trust and heart have already been broken.

Chaeyoung hates now uproaring, seeing how stubborn Mina is makes him feel out of control, his eyes darken with rage. "For god's sake! Just go, Myoui Mina!" he shouts right into her face, startling her.

Mina's breathing becomes harder, her chest obviously rises and falls rapidly. She feels an awful pain in her heart, making her lost for words. Her swollen eyes roam over Chaeyoung's face. She feels hopeless, knowing that he was serious about chasing her away now, for the first time ever. Her hands roughly remove Chaeyoung's hand from her shoulder, untangling them. Slowly, she turns on her heels and walks away from the office.