CHAPTER 22 - UNEXPECTEDLY FALL

It's already 8 in the morning, Jihyo drives Mina back to her apartment as Mina promises Chaeyoung that she will be back home early today. Despite the eagerness to be home, she feels so tired. Those restless days and nights take the best of her, making her mood swing lately.

There's a time when she unintentionally scolds Chaeyoung over useless things, making him feel offended and clueless about her behavior. Sometimes she picks a fight with him out of nowhere, making Chaeyoung take guilty for everything. He becomes more aware every time being with Mina, not wanting to spoil her mood. There's always something that Chaeyoung does that seems wrong to her, but she's lucky that Chaeyoung never scolds her back or gets mad at her.

Last night, she had a deep talk with Jihyo about this since she's afraid that Chaeyoung will grow tired of her shifted behavior. Jihyo feels bad for them and decides to give Mina time to rest and no more working after working hours. Mina feels glad that she is surrounded by people who understand her well. And today, she promises herself not to scold her boyfriend or pick a fight with him anymore because she also hates herself for doing that to Chaeyoung. She misses him so much.

After a while, she finally arrives at their apartment and bids goodbye to Jihyo. As she sets her foot inside their place, she straight away goes into their bedroom, hoping to see her sleeping boyfriend. But far from what she thought, only the empty bedroom reveals itself before her. There's no Chaeyoung inside.

She abruptly looks around, at the bathroom, in the kitchen and his study, but still not even Chaeyoung's shadow is present. She takes out her phone, worries washing over her. She dials Chaeyoung's number and tries to call him. But the next unexpected thing happens, she gets no answer from him. "Where are you, Chaeng" her hands groggy as tries once again, and the same, still no Chaeyoung picking up the phone. She tries to calm down and hits the call button again, but this time, his phone is already turned off.

"I'm sorry, Mina-yaa," Sana clenches Chaeyoung's phone tightly after turning the phone off. Guilt and sorrow cross her face. She bites her lower lip and closes her eyes, trying to collect herself despite knowing that this guilty feeling will keep haunting her and making her feel even worse again.

After a while, she steps into the kitchen to prepare breakfast for Chaeyoung, who is still deeply sleeping on her sofa.

Hours pass, and Chaeyoung wakes up from his sleep as he feels something brushing his nose. As he forcefully opens his eyes, he finds Sana inches away from him, brushing a few strands of her hair against his nose while chuckling mischievously.

"Wake up now, sleephead," her giggles pierce.

Chaeyoung flashes a smile at her and tries to sit straight, but his head feels heavy as the hangover still lingers around him.

"Are you okay? I made you hangover soup so you can feel a bit better," she says while helping him.

"Umm...not really, my head is spinning a bit now," Chaeyoung says with a husky morning voice while massaging his own temples.

Sana then walks to the dining table in the kitchen. "Maybe because you drank a lot last night, Chaeng. You should eat first before you go home, okay?" She says while pouring some drinks for Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung detaches himself from the sofa and sits beside her at the dining table. "Thank you, Sana-yaa," he scrunches his nose. As he takes a spoonful of the soup, he nods his head a few times, feeling contented. "Mmm, it's good. It's been a while since the last time I ate your soups. You are improving a lot," he says, taking another spoonful bite.

Sana sighs in relief. "Uh, really? You have no idea how much effort I put into making this for you, Chaengi."

"Umm, why though?" Chaeyoung asks, attentively continuing to eat.