CHAPTER 12 - REUNITE 🌹

-TIME SKIPPED-

It's been almost two months since Chaeyoung and Mina parted ways, keeping in touch only through chatting and occasional phone calls, which now feels like a string tying them together. Chaeyoung never misses updating Mina about his daily life despite being busy preparing for their thesis and final exams.

"Chaeng, do you think wearing a tuxedo or a suit is better for me?" Jeongyeon bursts into Chaeyoung's room while showing pictures of suits and tuxedos on his phone.

"Didn't you already decide to go with a suit?" Chaeyoung nonchalantly replies as he focuses on some revisions for the final.

"I know, but Nayeon said a tuxedo fits better since the satin material will make my attire shinier, you know, since we are the main event," Jeongyeon bites his inner cheeks, feeling unsure.

"Well then, maybe you should go with it. Jeong, you already have a good proportion and are quite handsome. Anything will suit you well," Chaeyoung attentively suggests to Jeongyeon.

Less than a month left before they end their final semester and the day of NaJeong's engagement. Apart from the important event, Mina will also be coming back to Seoul, leaping up Chaeyoung's heart more than anything.

"Yeah, you are right. I'll go with the tuxedo then," Jeongyeon utters. "By the way, Chaeng, have you already decided on the place for our staycation?" Jeongyeon's mind slips into the idea of the staycation they decided to have after NaJeong's engagement. They plan to gather before stepping into adulthood and working life.

"Well, Mina said she's never been to Jeju Island. So, I'm surveying some beach houses there. Is that cool?"

"What if Mina says she's never been to the toilet? Will you choose the staycation in the toilet then?" Jeongyeon grins, amused by how Chaeyoung makes decisions because of his cousin.

"Well, if Mina said so, I can't do anything but obey, idiot," Chaeyoung's shoulders pull back.

"Whatever, Chaeng. But Jeju Island sounds great. Just let the others know about this too," Jeongyeon says before turning and leaving Chaeyoung's room.

"But, Jeong..." Chaeyoung shouts out, making Jeongyeon halt his steps. "There's someone else who wants to join us, but only if you guys are okay with that," Chaeyoung hints, seeking permission.

-TIME SKIPPED-

Chaeyoung's eyes now focus on the road as he smoothly drives his car, making his way to the airport. Today is the day Mina is coming back to Seoul after three months apart.

Nervousness and deep longing envelop him all at once. Throughout the way to the airport, he can't help but smile and sometimes sing along to Twice's songs playing on his carplay.

After almost three hours on the airplane, flying from Japan to Korea, Mina finally sets foot in Incheon airport. Exhaustion engulfs her, but she can't stop daydreaming about meeting Chaeyoung today, seeming to override her tiredness.

Chaeyoung stretches his head to spot Mina among the crowd until suddenly his heart beats faster, almost throbbing like crazy when his eyes dart to Mina.

He abruptly dials her number and calls her. "Babe, why does my angel look so beautiful?" Chaeyoung chuckles, looking at Mina who is clueless from a distance.

He suddenly picks up something he has been holding for a while, a small banner with his handwritten message:

'My beautiful angel has finally landed on earth again.'

Chaeyoung keeps his smile while still observing Mina's blank expression. "Babe, look straight ahead now."

Mina searches for him until her eyes fix on Chaeyoung, who is now flashing an idiotic smile at her while waving the banner.