CHAPTER 25 - HIDDEN

After a few minutes, Sana retreats into the kitchen, her face stricken, not bothering to talk to Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung steals a glance at her, sensing the shift in her emotions and gestures. A sense of guilt spreads over him, thinking that she might be upset because he stopped her when the air of their romance was at its peak.

"Hey, I'm sorry that I..."

"It's okay, Chaeng. Let's not talk about this," she swallows bitterly, feeling the need to sort out things that make her feel worse.

Chaeyoung's shoulders slump, and he takes a full breath cycle. "I know that you're upset, but..."

"Stop it, Chaeyoung. I told you I don't want to talk about this, right? So please just let it slide. Will you?" Her voice loses its cheer, far from her usual demeanor.

Chaeyoung is at a loss for words, feeling defeated as he nods. But the urge to mend things with Sana keeps pushing him. He walks closely behind her, his hand enveloping her waist. "You know, I hate fighting with you. I hate making you upset, I hate seeing your tight face, I hate that my cutie Sana is sulking with me," he whispers in her ear.

Sana closes her eyes tightly, trying her best not to melt at Chaeyoung's charming persuasion. Luckily, before she could respond, they hear the door click open, assuming that someone is coming.

Chaeyoung immediately releases Sana. He clears his throat before averting from the kitchen, his heart throbbing like crazy now.

"Babe, you're home already?" Mina asks him as soon as her eyes land on Chaeyoung, who just came out of the kitchen.

"Umm...been back for a while now," he says as he walks closer to her. His heart slowly returns to normal beats, Mina's face absolutely a balm to the chaos inside him.

"Hey, idiot!" Jihyo greets Chaeyoung as she emerges behind Mina, her hand filled with a paper bag with bottles of beers, soju, and other alcoholic beverages.

"Holy moly, there are a lot of drinks, idiot," he playfully remarks, making Jihyo giggle weirdly, laced with her signature weird expressions. She's the queen of memes in the group, so every facial expression she makes is weird and funny.

"Uh...yeayy!!, you guys are home already!" Sana interjects as she comes out from the kitchen. Her reactions now filled with bubbly cheerfulness again.

Mina isn't surprised to see her there since Chaeyoung already asked her permission beforehand, to let Sana come home with him, reasonably because they work together and to help Chaeyoung with the preparations.

"Hey, what are you cooking, Sana?" Jihyo approaches her.

Chaeyoung doesn't bother to interject, instead, he closes the gap with Mina, attentively looking at her. "How was your day? Is everything going well?" He pecks Mina's lips while resting his palm on her waist.

"Tiring as always, but...I don't know why, I feel like I missed you a lot today," she ruffles his hair while smiling sweetly, her eyes almost closed as she meeps.

Chaeyoung's naughtiness escalates upon hearing the flirtatious remarks from her. He pecks her lips again. "And how about now? Still missing me?" His eyes glint mischievously while trying to give another peck.

Mina's face blushes pink, trying to halt Chaeyoung. "Stop it, babe," her giggles echo. But her boyfriend gets wild, hugging her tightly while tickling her waist, making her laughter even louder.

"Hey, you said you miss me, now why are you avoiding me?" Chaeyoung tightens the hug.

"Ahem...you know, the earth's population is 8.1 billion, not just freaking two people, ugh," Jihyo grimaces sarcastically, making Mina and Chaeyoung abruptly halt their playful interaction.