CHAPTER 18 - WAVERED

Chaeyoung stirs from his sleep after feeling his body shaken by someone. "Babe, wake up.. It's 8 already," Mina's soft voice comes through his ears while her hands gently shake his body.

As soon as he opens his eyes, a smile abruptly appears on his face. "Babe, I'm so lucky that I wake up just to see my beautiful angel," he chuckles.

Mina beams a shy smile. "What a sweet talker. Now get up, baby. I already prepared your shirts and all," she says while buttoning the sleeve of her shirt. She's already clad in casual office attire. Though simple, she looks charismatic and elegant.

After 30 minutes, they're settled in Chaeyoung's car as he drives Mina to her office first. As usual, TWICE songs keep playing in his car.

"Babe, actually I can't make it to lunch with you today because I have a meeting with a client. Are you okay with that?" Mina says slowly while looking at Chaeyoung, guilt written across her face knowing that this is the first time she can't have lunch with him and uncertain how he'll react.

"It's okay, babe. Don't worry about me. But make sure you eat your lunch later, promise?" Chaeyoung beams a short smile before redirecting his focus on driving, though he feels a bit of frustration.

Mina finally feels like she can breathe again. She leans closer and pecks his cheek. "I promise. Thank you, baby, for always understanding me. We'll make it for dinner tonight, okay?" Her eyes sparkle as her heart already melts for Chaeyoung.

"Of course I'll understand you, babe. I'm your man after all," he says, grabbing Mina's hand and kissing it.

After he drops Mina off at her office, he starts to drive again to his office. Suddenly, his phone buzzes with a few messages, making him pause for a while.

 Suddenly, his phone buzzes with a few messages, making him pause for a while

After 10 minutes of driving, Chaeyoung arrives at the location. He stops his car as he sees Sana standing near the main entrance of her apartment.

He rolls down the mirror before saying, "Sana-yaa, come in." He mesmerizes look at Sana, who looks presentable and beautiful as today is her first day working with Chaeyoung.

Sana gets into his car. "Chaeng, thank you for being my savior today," her expression filled with excitement and gladness.

"Not a big deal, it's the same route to the office too," Chaeyoung utters, and Sana nods.

"Chaengi, my seatbelt. I can't pull it," Sana seems to struggle, but actually, there's nothing wrong with the seatbelt.

"Let me do it," Chaeyoung leans in closer and pulls the seatbelt. The gap between them is now closed. For a moment, Chaeyoung can smell Sana's perfume. The fragrance has a soft floral and seductive scent which can trigger some sensual attention. Luckily, he manages to act cool and help Sana with the seatbelt.

"This time, what kind of perfume are you wearing? It smells good on you though," Chaeyoung says with a lump in his throat as he starts to drive the car.