CHAPTER 15 - HEARTACHE

Under the Jeju Island's blue sky, the sun casts a warm noon glow, and the fluffy clouds unfurl like cotton candy. The scenic view, seemingly painted with a magical hand, exudes aesthetics and provides calmness, inviting everyone in the most welcoming way to the beach house on the island.

As they step inside the house, the glass wall glistens, revealing the beach as soon as the door opens ajar. The cold breeze hits their faces, and the sounds of waves become a melody to their ears. "Wow, what a cool place, Chaeng, you've got taste in choosing, huh?" Jihyo utters, her face etched in awe, feeling sophisticated by the view welcoming them.

"Yaa, of course. My taste is rare and high. If not, I wouldn't have Mina now," Chaeyoung chuckles as he gets a chance to flirt in their midst of admiring the beach house decorations, views, and vibes that unfold before their eyes.

Mina beams a smile to him, knowing how her boyfriend won't stop sugar-coating her. While the others seem to give a damn about nothing but touring around the house, not leaving even a single corner untouched.

Jeongyeon's eyes glitter as he steps onto the balcony at the backyard. "Nice, we got a swimming pool too?" He then slightly bends to touch the cold water in the pool with Nayeon standing beside him.

Chaeyoung and Mina join NaJeong at the pool near the balcony. "Sheesh, should we jump in now?" Chaeyoung suggests.

"Idiot, it's still early. I'm hungry, why not we get something for lunch?" Jihyo suddenly emerges towards them.

"Tsk!..fine," Chaeyoung clicks his tongue.

"What should we have? Anyone has any idea?" Nayeon mutters while taking out her phone, opening the food delivery apps.

"You should ask Momo then; she's already an expert in what to eat. She was up along the journey, surveying local and popular food here," Jihyo says while her eyes scan for Momo.

"Argh, that girl is always excited about food, then nagging about her weight.." Jeongyeon chimes in.

As the afternoon unfolds, they all have their lunches, ordering some kinds of food that Momo suggested. The lively atmosphere, featured with breathtaking views, ignites the spark of holiday mood in the circles.

As they circle around the table, Tzuyu blurts out, "So what are we gonna do after this?" He says the words with a mouthful while glancing at each of them.

"I just want to jump into the pool," Chaeyoung replies as his gaze moves towards the swimming pool, his eyes sparkling like a little kid's.

"Yaa, you are so childish. So impatient like a child," Jihyo nags.

"Say whatever you want, I still want to swim," Chaeyoung firmly says, not wanting to let his fans down.

"I want to come with you, Chaeng!" Sana suddenly intertwines, her eyes delicately looking at him. Chaeyoung acts casual, not seeming surprised or shocked.

"Sure, Sana-yaa.. do you want to join me too, babe?" Chaeyoung offers the warmest smile, making Mina raise her brows, seemingly contemplating.

"You guys go first; I'll come later, Chaeng. Just need to wait until the food is properly digested," Mina utters while pressing a soft smile across her face.

"You are only asking for Mina? What about me, Chaeng?" Tzuyu scoffs.

"Arghh, he's at it again," Chaeyoung sighs before standing up, clinking the metal spoon against the glass cup, all attention now on him. He clears his throat. "Attention guys, I am Son Chaeyoung, lightheartedly inviting all of you guys to join me swimming right at this moment. If any of you want to join me, please don't be hesitant. Especially to my guest of honor, my best friend among the best, Chou Tzuyu, will you come and swim with me?" Chaeyoung announces, trying to suppress his laugh.