CHAPTER 20 - SPARK

Chaeyoung speeds his car as he is already late to pick up Mina after dropping Sana off at her place just now. "What the hell, Seoul has a lot of traffic," he growls, feeling impatient. The surge of nervousness hits him, thinking that Mina could be sulking now because he's coming late for her.

30 minutes pass, and he finally arrives at Mina's office building. He licks his dry lips, looking at Mina who is now stamping her foot and her face tightens while walking to his car.

"Where have you been, Chaeng? I've been waiting for 30 minutes already," her voice stern, and her gaze filled with annoyance.

"I'm sorry, babe. I got stuck in traffic," his voice pleads as he looks at her.

"Weird, this is the first time the traffic suddenly got beef with you, making you late for me," she replies with a cold tone, her pout visible.

Chaeyoung feels a knot in his stomach, but he tries to chase away the nervousness. "Stop pouting, baby. I'm sorry, okay? I also had no idea why the traffic got so jealous of me today," he attempts to act mischievously.

Mina sighs. "Fine.. but where's my kiss?" she says demandingly.

Chaeyoung chuckles and gives a light peck on her lips. "Can you forgive me now?" he brushes his nose against hers.

Mina knows that she can't sulk too long, not when Chaeyoung keeps easily making her fall for him again. "Okay, I forgive you.. but no more being late after this, promise?"

"I promise, my future wife," Chaeyoung winks.

Mina's eyes widen in surprise, unexpected that Chaeyoung would call her that for the first time ever. Her feelings right now are exactly the same as when she first heard Chaeyoung call her 'babe' back then. She couldn't hide her wide smile and rosy cheeks anymore.

"Babe, your face is reddening, I wonder why," Chaeyoung mischievously says.

Mina finally lets out her laughter, feeling defeated by Chaeyoung's playful yet sweet demeanor. His eyes gleam at her. "Seriously.. stop it, don't stare at me like that," her voice layered with laughter as she softly slaps Chaeyoung's face away from her.

She takes a deep breath just to wash away the sensation that tickles her inner self, but somehow something catches her attention. "Do you smell this, babe? It smells like some aroma from perfume," she says.

Chaeyoung is bewildered, flashing back that Sana sprayed her perfume before, maybe leaving the lingering scent in his car. But knowing that Mina has no idea about Sana, he tries to act innocent. "What smell, babe? I didn't smell anything," he pretends to sniff the air.

Mina sighs while trying to take another breath, and she is not mistaken, the smell really strikes right into her nose. "Chaeyoung, don't act innocent, I really can smell the scent.. it's like a girl's perfume but this is not mine.. did you bring another girl into your car, Son Chaeyoung?" Mina sternly asks, her heart already feeling a bit of sting.

Chaeyoung suddenly chuckles. Mina's annoyance grows looking at her boyfriend looking so silly when her heart is already burning. "Why are you smiling, Son Chaeyoung? I'm asking you, and I need an answer, not your smile," she grimaces.

"Babe.. I think I know where the smell comes from," he calmly says. His hand stretches to the back seat, grabbing something. "I think it comes from... this," he shoves a bouquet of fresh flowers in front of Mina. "Happy first anniversary, Myoui Mina."

"Yaa!! What is this?" Mina's jaw gawks in disbelief, and she bursts into melodic giggles. Her hands tremble with excitement as she accepts the bouquet from Chaeyoung's hand. The atmosphere now becomes light and airy.