PART 24 :: MR.GG'S BLANKET

Third person's pov:

Surya and Sowriya reached home around 11:30 PM and Rukmani was waiting for them.

"What happened, why are you guys so late?" asked Rukmani

No one answered.

Looking at their faces she got suspicious. Then she noticed, Sowriya's eyes and the whole face was swollen.

"Em ma(what ma), why is face so swollen "

"I- I- slept the whole ride back home.. that's why its swollen athaiya" replied Sowriya

Surya gave her a side glance and asked Rukmani:

"Ma, We didn't have dinner yet. Can you prepare me something? I'm hungry."

"Oh why- It's ok, go! Both of you go wash your hands and come. I will serve you food." rushed Rukmani.

"Athaiya.. I am not hungry. Can I go sleep?" asked Sowriya.

"Ah no! You cannot sleep with empty stomach" refused Rukmani

Sowriya, without saying anything washed her hands and sat down for dinner. After eating a little she said good night to her athaiya and went upstairs to sleep.

"Did something happen between you guys?" Rukmani asked Surya.

"Don't get me wrong ma, but I am not in the mood to discuss anything right now.." said Surya.

With that she did not ask him anything and felt a little guilty for invading their privacy.

In the room..

Sowriya was in the shower, thinking about her life. She used to boast to her mother that She will not be like her mom and stand up for herself. Ask anything if it feels not right to her. But now, she is not even capable of explaining herself to a person who assumes that she is wrong. She can't face him, she can't talk to him and she cried!! Literally cried when he raised his voice a little where she should have stood up for herself. She was afraid about her parents reputation because whatever she does reflects her parents upbringing. In this situation, how will she ask him, why he married her and what is the reason behind his hate towards her?

"I'm worth of nothing!! I'm inadequate to do anything in my life!! Today, he left me in an unknown place and went somewhere and when he returned, he humiliated me in front of everyone, when its not even my fault. I can't even stand for myself and how am I going to boldly talk to him and understand him. Why amma, Why? why did you marry me away? I was happy when I was at our home. Here, though everyone is loving, the thought of me spending the rest of my life with him makes me feel helpless.. How do I ask him why he married me? When will I get the guts to ask him, Why he sent his reply with Chandhu? If he did not send it that day, All this would have not happened right? This is all his fault.. His fault!!! and.. and also, its mine too.. I am a coward actually.. You guys raised a stupid little coward!!" cried Sowriya.

Then pulling herself up, she dressed wearing the night wear she brought and went out. Surya was there standing in the balcony, waiting for her to come out of the bathroom. When he heard her bangles and anklets, he coughed a little to let her know that he was present in the room, in case if she was not decent. She realized he was in the balcony and went to sit in the couch. As the sound continued, he understood she is dressed and went in to give her something.

Without speaking to her, he went and placed his India's business card in front of her in the tepoy and went to take a shower. 

While in the Shower, he had mixed feelings about what happened in the past few hours and she kept him thinking about her throughout the night. Maybe was he too harsh on her? Maybe he expressed all the stress that was built up in the realtors meeting on her? His mind filled with the expression she gave, when she said "I have a respectful job and they pay me". Did he underestimate her because she is woman? He sighed when he remembered that he got another meeting at 1 AM. He wanted to get rid of this feelings before that and the sandal and floral scent in the washroom, did not help him.