PART 16 :: THE WEDDING

Surya's POV

After I read the Bride's letter, I was relieved that the bride would stop the wedding, so I took a nap in the same room. I was woken up by the continuous knocking on the door and was confused when I got aware of where I was sleeping when slowly yesterday's events came to my mind. Immediately I saw the time on my mobile phone, it was 2:33 AM. That means the bride must have stopped the wedding by now. It was the right decision to make. I went and opened the door to see Rukmani amma looking at me with an expression that had both fear and happiness. 

"Marichipoyava Nana??" (Did you forget dear??)

"What.. did I forget?.." asked Surya confused.

"Your.. your Marriage with Sowriya.. did you forget that dear??.. You sure, that you are ok with this Marriage??", questioned Rukmani.

Surya was devastated hearing that.. That means she did not stop the wedding?? I di-

Surya's thoughts were interrupted by Rukmani asking, "Nana.. emaindhi.. (what happened) are you alright?"

Surya nodded his head and asked the reason she came for. "I came to take you to the Nuna Nalangu ceremony"(like haldi ceremony but with oil in place of  haldi)

Surya was already frustrated on the Bride and now he was very angry that he has to perform rituals for her. But he cannot show this to the kind woman in front of him as she doesn't know this letter drama. So he said that he will go to his room and be there after taking a bath.

"No! No! You should only bath after the Nalangu. That's the tradition. Now that there is not much time, we have to be in a hurry.. The bride has already finished her rituals and now its your turn.. there is only 20 mins for the wedding to start.. So can you please come with me immediately??" with that Rukmani dragged him to the big room where he reveled the truth about Rajesh yesterday.

Everyone except him were ready for the wedding.. They looked so happy and were wearing beautiful traditional wears.. yet Surya was not happy.. he thought, "Why are they so happy about this wedding?? They know I am a replacement right?? Even my siblings seem to like this.. What happened to my people"

After the Nalangu, Surya was presented with new set of clothes, The Groom's dress. He was asked to take a shower and wear those clothes for the wedding. He went to his room and threw the whole set on the bed in anger and it scattered all over the bed.

"Why did she do this?? Why did she still accept to marry me??  As I have not sent a reply, She should have stopped the wedding! But why didn't she? She very well knows that I have the letter, because she is the one who sent Vish to me to give the letter to the groom. Now that she knows that I am the groom, she should have considered about my reply right?? Why did she not do so?? So she wants others to respect her decisions and she won't do the same for others!! Wow!!  Did she even wait for my reply or did she just threw me out of the list as the groom has already eloped?? Now I understand What Rajesh did is for his own good! She.. doesn't deserve him!! She doesn't deserve anyone!!"

"Perhaps, Is she marrying me for my.. Wealth? "

"I remember my father boasting about me being the CEO of Radha Restaurants to her parents.. Did she agree because of that?? Did she see me as a duck who gives her golden eggs?? I thought she was mature, humble and kind from the way she wrote the letter.. but how can she be so selfish?? Until yesterday she was betrothed to another person and today she's ready to marry me?.. I can't believe this.. This is ridiculous.."

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and someone asked him to hurry up as the muhurtham time was nearing. So he went and took a shower and wore the dress that was scattered all around the room.