PART 5 :: RADHA RESTAURANTS, HYDERABAD

Third person's pov

It was just 2 days for Radha Restaurants, Hyderabad to be opened. Everyone in Surya's family was super busy. Elders inviting guests for the opening, Ladies to parlors, boys to the venue to make the arrangements to invite guests. They all went for shopping and bought traditional wears. They even sent invitation to Rajesh's bride's house, but they were busy because after 3 days of the opening, Rajesh's family was to visit the bride's house as a tradition and they are preparing for it. Finally the day came and everyone woke up earlier than usual and even Chinni(Shravya,12) woke up without throwing tantrums that day. The whole family was so happy that Surya finally opened the restaurant in Hyderabad.. in India. All got ready, performed a small pooja at home, then went to their lucky place which is the temple nearby and finally reached the venue. The elder men were busy receiving guests, the elder women were taking care of the pooja and homam, the boys doing arrangements, girls preparing the return gifts..ooff!!. One thing about this family is that they all share the works and celebrate ones success as the family's success, even if they have fights on certain days. Surya was very busy participating in everything and coordinating the boys. As the guests arrived and function started, Surya asked his grandparents to sit on the homam seats as they are lucky charms of the whole family. As the function came to an end, the family sent off the guests and had lunch in the family room in the restaurant, which is built for huge families like theirs. All had happy tears and were very proud as Surya announced the Manager of the restaurant, who is none other that Rajesh. All cheered and congratulated Rajesh, even though they know that Rajesh is going to manage the restaurant from now on.

As time went and the day came to an end, the family returned to their house at late night as the restaurant in city was 2 hours from their house in village. Everybody had their dinner at the venue and was dozing off their way back. So as they reached home, they went to their respective rooms but Surya went straight to his safe haven - His mother's room. The family maintained a room in remembrance of his mother, which contains a big photo frame of Radharani with a fresh garlands on the sides, a tepoy with a lamp and stand for incense sticks and few fruits and an old but working sewing machine which belonged to Radha. The only memory Surya had of his mother was him sitting in between his mothers legs on the foot pedal of the sewing machine with his hands and legs tucked securely around his mothers legs while she stitches the clothes and he swings happily for the movements. He asked everyone in the house to use the machine as to see it work again but no one in the house knew how to stitch clothes so they never touched it.

He sat there just smiling at his mom. He never spoke when he was inside this room as he knows that his mother would understand him even if he doesn't speak through words. He sat there as his only memory of his amma appeared in his mind and tears started forming in his eyes. But he knew that this is not the day for sad tears but to celebrate. "Radha Restaurants came to India ma" he finally said and with that he gave a final smile to his mother and left the room. He went to his room, took a shower and hit the bed replaying the day's events with a smile on his face.

The family was again busy as they are preparing to meet the girl and everyone except their grandparents are visiting their family in Chennai. Rajesh and Surya was very busy with the restaurant and come home at late nights. It was all planned, they would reach there early and return the very day, as they would not stay in the girl's house or eat before the marriage. It's a tradition. The tickets were also booked. They took a day rest and again the house was full of laughter as if it was Rajesh's wedding day. Though they have a rented house in Chennai where Sai(Sridhar,23) lives for his work at an Healthcare organisation with Vinay who is pursuing visual communication at a reputed college in Chennai with few of his other friends, they wanted to return back as they all can't fit in that 2 bedroom flat for long time. As it's almost 12 hours travel, only the elders with Rajesh decided to go, but the children were adamant, so they had no other go but to book tickets for everyone except the grands. They have to start the day before evening and the next day early morning they would reach Chennai and they have to go to Sai and Vinay's room to take a bath and freshen up, then go visit the bride's family and then return to Hyderabad straight leaving Sai there as he has to continue his work. Luckily the flat has 3 bathrooms. The plan was so perfect that no one wanted it to get destroyed.

Two days after the opening, the whole family was waiting for Rajesh and Surya's return as they have to leave for the railway station, but they were busy as the faced some issue with the suppliers of the restaurant. Though Surya insisted Rajesh to leave, he never left saying "As a manager, I should be here annaya and I can postpone my personals anytime". This made Surya angry as this is very important in his and the girl's life, but Rajesh never heeded to his words. Surya couldn't say anything as he is already tensed up with the suppliers. The family waited and waited and finally left for the station as it was time, leaving Rajesh and Surya. Though they are wealthy, they will not cancel the trip because, even the return tickets were booked in AC coach for 20 people. It's a lot of money. So they started their journey to Chennai to meet their first daughter-in-law of the next generation in the family.

The Fate Joined Us TogetherOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara