PART 14 :: THE NEW GROOM

Third person's pov

"Surya will marry Sowriya!!", Surya heard his father say.

"Na- How can I.. I am not the groo-", Surya was trying to explain, but he was interrupted..

"Surya, Please wait outside. I will come talk to you", said Gopinath.

"NO Nana!! What you are thinking is not right!! We cannot replace the groom at the last minute. No bride will accept it!! This is not the right solution Nana.."

"Yes anna.. This it is not possible.." said Badrinath.

"I know what I am talking right now is very wrong.. but think about this Badri garu.. all our guests have arrived.. If we go out and say that the wedding has been cancelled.. how will we face them again?? I am speaking for both of our family's reputation.. Think about Sowriya.. How others will speak of her.. If my daughter is in Sowriya's place.. I will not let anyone speak ill of her Badri garu.."

"But.. but.. She doesn't even know Surya Babu.. how will I ask her to accept him.." questioned Badrinath

"Did you know about Ramadevi ma before marriage?? No right?.. Then why did you marry her.. Some relationships are decided by fate Badi garu.. Maybe Surya is destined for Sowriya.. Moreover he is my eldest son.. maybe this is a punishment for me for not performing my responsibilities towards Surya properly.. that's why we are all in this situation right now.. I should have asked for Sowriya's hand for Surya in the first place.."

"Please don't think like that.. We cannot punish him for Rama's mistake.. we cannot put Surya Babu in an uncomfortable situation for the sake of my daughter anna.."

"Surya always makes the right decision.. he knows what's the right to do.. You tell me Badri garu, Are you Ok with Surya marrying your daughter??"

"I am not in the place for deciding anything for them Gopi anna.. Its all in our children's hands now.. If they are ok with accepting each other as their life partner.. then who are we to stop their union.."

All four pairs of eyes is now turned to Surya.

"I.. I.. I can't accept this Nana.. This is very wrong.. We should not do this to any girl.." said Surya.

"I know Surya.. but just think about the girl.. if any of your sisters were in her place.. what will you do? What will happen to them if they come to know the groom has left them from the wedding mandap? They will be shattered.. This isn't America Surya, where people mind their own business.. This is our place where everyone minds everyone's business.. We can't let this happen to any girl because of our family member's mistake.. just think about it..", explained Gopi.

Surya is very confused.. he was having different scenes replaying in his head.. his sister Swetha sitting in wedding mandap and Raghuram has left the place.. Swetha was crying.. shouting.. the pain in her face was unbearable.. everyone are trying to console Swetha but it only reminds her more of Raghu.. and then.. she trying to hang herself..

"NOO!!" Shouted Surya..

"Surya liste-", Gopi was trying to make him understand but was interrupted by Badri.

"Anna.. its OK.. we should not force our own children to accept our decisions, when this is theirs to make.. we have to only show them the path.. its their wish to accept or reject it.. we have to at least give them this freedom.."

"But.."

"Nana Surya.." called Rukmani

Surya was in a trance.. he did not move or speak anything.. he was just staring at the ground.