PART 12 :: MISSION RAJESH

Sowriya's pov

It's been around 14 hours since we boarded the Charminar Express at Chennai Egmore railway station. Now we are at the Hyderabad Railway station and a person from the groom's family is supposed to pick us up. A person, who I recognise as Sridhar(Sai) has come to pick us up and he joked around that the groom is at the saloon, getting ready to meet me. "Oh God!! No that shouldn't happen.. " is the first thought that came to my mind. I don't know why but my brain is very adamant about meeting the groom on the pelli mandapam (marriage alter). Me and my parents came with Sai on his car and rest of my family followed us behind in a mini van. The whole ride, my mind wandered around the thoughts on how I was going to hide behind my mother when we reach there and my super plan ( a secret) which only me and my little sister knows.

My thoughts were disturbed when Sridhar got a call from his father, asking our whereabouts. He informed him that we'll be reaching the venue in 15 mins and intentionally asked about the groom, that if he is ready to meet his bride. He really has got some guts, making fun of a daughter in front of her parents.. But all his antics came to an end when he came to know that the groom is once again not available.. Ha!! As usual!!. But again I was happy that he is not there and sad at the same time that something is fishy as he is always not available. Anyways, after another hour's drive from Hyderabad station to the venue, we finally reached the hotel we are staying at and the temple where the marriage takes place is just 5 mins walk from here. I came out and met my to-be-father-in-law waiting for us. He called out for someone in the distance as Chinna... but he never turned back.. then Sai shouted as much as possible as "Annaya!!", that's when he turned.. as I was not wearing my spectacles, I wasn't able to make his face from here. Uncle informed us that he is their son and is talking on a company call. So he is the brother between the groom and Sridhar. I think he can be the right person to execute my plan. Yes!! He's the one!!. When everyone started going in, I called Vish to start my plan. Vishakha(12) is my uncle's daughter and my cute little sister. I have already explained my whole plan to her and she has gone to execute it now. As our parents were talking to uncle about the wedding arrangements, me along with my other family members went to our rooms. From the floor's corridor, I watched as Vish perfectly did what I asked for. "Very good girl.. proud of you" I praised her from here.. and suddenly she was pointing at the hotel's side.. Oh God!! I think he asked for my whereabouts.. that's why Vish is pointing at this side.. Thank God!! I came up.. or else it would have been so embarrassing. Why is he asking for me? He only has to do his little brother's job and not ask for me!! God.. please help me this one time!!. Both of them searched me for sometime and seemed to have lost hope on finding me but that's when my stupid brother called Vish from standing beside me.. "Why da??", I whisper yelled and quickly ran away from there to my room before they could see me.. "That was too close..", I mumbled to myself. After sometime Vish came to me asking where was I as the groom's younger brother was searching for me.. I consoled her somehow and promised her to take to a nearby shop to buy her new bangles that matches her outfit for the wedding. Then my parents came to take rest for some time and we also got permission to go to the famous street to buy bangles with my aunt in the evening.

Surya's pov

As I was looking at the bride's family getting out of the mini van from a distance, I got Chandu's call again. This time he informed me that they searched everywhere.. contacted all his friends.. went to all bus stands and railway stations.. even contacted a friend who also confirmed them that no passenger with the name Ramachandran has left Hyderabad via bus, train or flight.. all of Chandhu's friends were also searching for Rajesh but he is no where to be found. Where did he go. Why is he so smart. Even in the childhood we can't find him while we were playing hide and seek. But he would be literally in front of us but we never found him once. It's very difficult to find him if he chooses not to be found. But I will definitely catch him this time. It's not a children's game anymore. Life of another person is involved in this. Pride.. Reputation.. Happiness.. of 2 families are involved in this. I will have to find him!!.

When I was thinking of some other person or place that Rajesh might have gone to.. A little girl came to me. She would be about Chinni's age but she is taller for her age.

"Anna are you Ramu mama's brother??"

I was confused at first thinking who this Ramu mama is.. but I understood that she is talking about Rajesh (Ramachandran).

"Yes sweetie.. I am. And who are you?" I asked her.

"I'm Vishakha. You can call me Vish, if you want to.", she replied.

"That's a really good name Vish!! Now tell me how may I help you ?" I asked her

She said, "Not me but, Could you help my sister?"

"Your sister?"

Who is her sister ? What happened to her? Where is she? Was she in any trouble? As I was about to ask about her sister's whereabouts, The little girl dug into her bag and took out a folded piece of paper.

She handed it to me and asked "Could you give this to Ramu Mama? My sister wanted to give it to the groom."

Oh the sister is fine and in fact she's the Bride and what's this? A love letter?? Wow.

"Ah.. Sure.. I will make sure that it reaches the groom.. and by the way may I know where your sister is?" I asked her. I think Rajesh might have talked to her in this 3 months gap. He might have given any hints. I have to make sure if the bride was aware of his situation before.

Vish pointed at the direction of the hotel but the bride was no where to be found. We searched for her for sometime and settled down that we can meet her tomorrow but that's when someone from the second floor corridor called for Vish. I think he might be her brother. Vish quickly said bye and ran to him. Now, first I have to find Rajesh then give him this letter. The Bride is writing letters for him and he has left her on the day before their marriage. What happened to you, Rajesh?

After everyone had settled down, Nana was having a little chat with the Bride's parents and relatives regarding the wedding arrangements. Sai came to meet me and asked why was I so tensed. I explained him the situation and he was so angry on him. With that he said he was leaving to search for Rajesh. I asked him to inform Vinay and Rans and asked them to search the whole house first. These two are the mischievous of all of us. They knew nook and corner of the house. So, they will be perfect for this. 

"Chinna!! Come here!!" called Nana.

I went to them and greeted the elders. They all looked confused at me. 

"Anna, You said the groom hasn't come.. but here he is..", asked a middle aged woman.

"No No ma.. you're mistaken. He is my eldest son and he is the founder of Radha Restaurents, USA", boasted my father.

"Oh! That's great babu!! You never mentioned about him anna.. and he looks exactly like the groom.. That's why I was confused" said the lady.

That's true.. Rajesh and I look very similar.. I am a bit taller and muscular than him and my eye colour is darker than him. If anyone sees us for the first time, they would ask if we are twins.. that's how much similar we look.

After sharing some more information, we left the venue to make arrangements for the wedding next day. The wedding is scheduled at 3 am in the morning. That means I have exactly 14 hours to find Rajesh. If I am unable to find him by midnight, I have to inform our parents.. and..they have to stop the wedding.. they will have to face humiliation in front of everyone.. I don't know what will happen tomorrow but I pray God to not hurt anybody in this chaos..

We reached our home after an hour's journey. Soon after I reached there, Vinay informed me that he and Rans has filtered the house more than once and Rajesh is not in the house. I called everyone I know.. I went to as many as places I can.. along with managing our family members asking for Rajesh. Lying to them like he is with his friends.. he has gone to the tailor.. he has gone to temple.. I have never lied to my family before.. so I too hid from them to escape from lying. Now I have only 3 hours to midnight.. and I have only one place to go.. Sikindhar Bhai.. He has hyderabad in his finger tips. He knows almost every person residing in Hyderabad.  He would help me if I ask him. So I took Chandhu and went to Bazar street where his brother has a fancy shop and Bhai is always seen there. Since We are sure that Rajesh hasn't left the city, Bhai can catch him like an Eagle catching a snake in the city..