fluff

Its cloudy today, and you feel like you want to sleep and just hold onto someone. But as you know yourself, you don't want to bother anyone so you just sit at the edge of the floor outside the tree house.
As you're sitting there, your ear twitches as you hear footsteps. But you don't really care as you continue looking up at the sky, Noticing the few drops of water which are starting to fall down. You then feel someone's presence next to you, feeling their tail gently wrap around yours. You notice how they're still quiet, so that's definitely not Lo'ak.. you also notice they're not trying to tell you something. Can't be Jake either. And last thing, you hear as they take a deep breath with you, a chuckle leaving them.

"It's  good to take a breath of fresh air at this time around, isn't it?"

That voice is female like, so it must be Kiri! The best girl for these kind of situations.
You notice how she leans on your shoulder slightly, still keeping the said distance.
She's unsure of how cuddly you feel and wouldn't want to overwhelm you.
But soon enough, she felt you slowly lean into her, happy to be in her presence as your tail completely wrapped around hers.

"It truly is..what are you doing here..? I thought you were supposed to help grandma to heal the wounded?"

She only sighed, nodding.

"Yeah I was, but you too, are wounded, it may not be visible wound, but I can see that something is troubling you."

She mumbled softly, thinking before she glanced at you. She saw how your ears softly twitched as it started to rain, she knew this was your way of calming down. Just coming to a silent spot and letting the nature make music for you. You did since you were a child, her too, she often joined you in this activity. But as you two grew up, you slowly drifted apart, Not having enough free time or not having any free time at all.
K

iri felt bad for leaving you like that, so easy and so fast. But she couldn't do anything as she was the next Tsahik in making. It sounds weird this way but it is what it is. And you? You along with your father and brothers, have been training to become a fighters. That's the reason why you grew apart. You may think that even with all this, there should be some free time right? Wrong, or, at least I believe so. You both have different schedule, never are you two free on the same time. The only time you spend together Is when your family eats together, but you don't have much to say, since it's mostly Jake talking.

Back to the situation, Kiri's eyes are on you, she can clearly see, and even feel that something is troubling your mind, your heart, and you
Yet she won't push, she will let you open up at your pace. She knows that you will tell her, you just need time for that.

____________

It has been an hour already, the rain is pouring down, creating a calm sound. You two are still sitting there, not saying anything. But even if neither of you were saying anything, there was this calm atmosphere, safe, warm. It meant that no matter what it will be like this, and you liked that.

"So...tell me, what did you do today?"

She asked softly, closing her eyes as she waited to hear your story, she was actually curious. And she was willing to listen to whatever you were to say. You knew that, it was always like this and for that you were grateful, she was your rock in this chaos.

And so, you start telling her about your day, even moving your hands as you explain. She had this sparkle in her eyes as she watched you, it was definitely a sparkle of amusement.

"And then! I catched the prey!"

You said, all excited as you looked over at her.
She only chuckled, nodding. She missed talking with you like this, You always had an interesting way of words when you were explaining.

"Did you now?~ oh my, good job!"

She was happy for you, you finally had this happy sparkle in your eye that she noticed you were missing. It was cute at how easily it is for you to get excited over something so simple
Usually people didn't let you finish your story, always starting their own in the middle of your explaining, and that sent a pang of pain to heart. But Kiri was different, she was eager to listen to you, she let you finish before starting her own, that's why you felt safe to tell her without fearing that you will be soon interrupted.

(Sorry for grammar 😭)