what babysitting Neteyam is like /in my opinion

Tonight, you were babysitting a really nice little kid, his name was Neteyam. He was well behaved and obeyed your commands. It was pretty easy to deal with him and even do some stuff together. He was very affectionate too, even from just seeing him, you could see his love language was acts of service..
It was cute, really.
He often rambled on and on how his mama was expecting another baby and that he was excited to finally play with someone.
And you were only happy that he was so happy.
He was your little moon and sunshine in one.
He was pretty smart for his age, capable of stuff others weren't.
You two mostly went out near a lake to train his archery skills. Most of the times you two caught yourself dinner, very yummy and big fish.
Neteyam was always so excited when he caught something and by time it was easier and easier for him.
And as for you, you were happy to just watch him cheer and jump. You knew that since as a son, a heir, he will have a lot on his shoulders later in life, meaning he will have to grow up fast.
But you knew he would be capable of bearing it, he was quite the character, one of kind. You believe that he will be handsome man, one that is respectful and cool headed.

And he actually looked up to you, whenever you would see you his eyes would lit up with admiration, running up to you and jumping around you like a monkey as he asked what kind of things you'll be doing together today.
He followed you like a duckling, listened to your every word. He always asked if you could teach him how to do what you're best at.
He wanted to make you proud too, not just his parents. You raised him as your own.
And once two more babies came into the picture taken in by the Sully's, one was a very cute baby girl, and later on it was the baby Neteyam was talking about, Lo'ak. Neytiri and Jake had but a little time for Neteyam.
And so you tried to cheer him up, taking him out, training with him, sometimes helping him with his tasks.
He really appreciated it, smiling widely at you everytime.

And as I started, tonight was no different, Jake and Neytiri had asked you to look after Neteyam once more. Saying that they had to watch the babies now and they didn't want to make Neteyam feel alone, so they thought giving him to you would make it better.

___________________
。⁠◕⁠‿⁠◕⁠。

"Y/N! I missed you! Guess what I did today with dad!"

You could already hear him and he wasn't even next to you. But you only smiled, you were just as excited for him as he was for you.

"Hmm let me guess...did you two get yourselves into trouble?"

And then, Neteyam was right next to you, grinning as he shook his head.

"No! Far better! We went hunting! And I caught one myself!"

His eyes were sparkling, you know he's really excited about this fast as he suddenly hugged you....Gotta say he has strong grip-

"Thank you for all the lessons! It helped me very much today! Even dad didn't expect me to catch something! But he said he thinks it's time to train to become olo'eyktan..."

His voice slowly faded as he looked up at you, slight worry as he squeezed tighter.

"Dad said I wouldn't see you as often if that happened, saying he would spend the time with me..which I'm happy about! Really, but..he can't replace you and I don't want him to...do you think it would be possible for him to agree that I could still go to you after training?"

He gave you puppy eyes, knowing you couldn't resist him either way, but he would win it if he gave you this face and so, you just groaned. Shaking your head as you ruffled his hair, sighing.
"Please tell me you didn't get this from me...fine, I'll ask him, but you would have to be a good boy for him to agree, deal?"

And he smiled in victory, nodding as he cuddled into your side more, his tail swishing softly behind him as his ears twitched before he relaxed. You knew he was about to fall asleep and so, you picked him up, cradling him to your chest. You don't blame him for falling asleep, it's early in the morning still. And you had long day before you anyway.

______________
(⁠◕⁠ᴗ⁠◕⁠✿⁠)