meeting baby Kiri

You have knew Grace since she came into Pandora in her Avatar body, you were one of the Avatar's that was mostly looking after the children when the parents went out hunting. When Grace came in, you two clicked as best friends almost immediately, you were always the curious one about new things, so hearing her talk about her world, was very fascinating to you. You were assigned to teach her your ways, helping her with anything she needed.

And after few years, who expected for the war to happen? The home tree to burn to the ground..for the leader to die? And, specifically for Grace to die by the hands of the Quaritch guy?
Definitely not you, you were heartbroken to see your best friend's playful sparkle fade from her eyes as you were looking at each other.
You weren't the same anymore, oh no, and how could you be? Your home, your friends, her. Everything was gone. And now, you and those that survived moved away, up into the sky for safer living.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Today, Jake came running to you as you were holding a photo of you and Grace together, you didn't know she was carrying a blessing, so a little suprise was coming.

'[name]! Come on! I have something you would love to see!"

He whisper shouted, stopping few meters away from you as he grinned, making you raise your eyebrow as you hum, sighing as you nod, following behind him.

"Jake..what is it? You know today is her...is her death date.."

You say, sighing once again as your tails swishes behind you as you two go towards the spiritual tree.

"I have...no, we have something to show you, you'll love it, I promise."

He said firmly, a little glint in his eye as you huff, not believing a word he said as you just nod, shrugging.

"If you think so..so, where is it? What is it?"

You ask curiously, looking around before seeing Neytiri, two babies in her arms, making you raise an eyebrow.

"I didn't know you were expecting twins, Tiri...?"

You say softly, looking at those two little babies in wonder as you then look up, seeing Neytiri shake her head with a grin.

"They are not twins..this is Neteyam, my first born, and this little girl? Is... Grace's."

She says softly, seeing as you hum, not registering it before she could see you freeze, looking from her eyes down to the baby as you step closer.

"That..little baby is hers? But..how?"

You ask the question none of them could answer, so she just shrugs, handing you the baby as Jake snickers at how awkwardly you're holding her. Making Neytiri chuckle as she explains how to hold the baby, making you nod and adjust your grip.

"..hi...? I'm..I'm your mama's best friend.."

You whisper softly, your eyes widening slightly as you see her open her eyes and giggle, holding her little hand up and booping your nose.

"Just like mama...my sweet little baby, I promise to Eywa above that I will cherish you..."

And as you have your little moment with Kiri, Jake and Neytiri could be seen on the side, just observing as they smile sadly. This is the first time you were showing your soft spot after Grace's death. They're glad Kiri was born, maybe she would bring your happiness back.

________________-(⁠。⁠・⁠ω⁠・⁠。⁠)⁠ノ⁠♡-_______________