Tonowari X child reader

(not literally a child, I mean it as you are his kid :) )

Today was a special day, it was supposed to be just you and your dad, Tonowari. After your little moment with Ronal when you said you were feeling lonely, they both are trying to make time for you once a week.
And today was his turn, both of you were pretty excited actually. Of course Tonowari was excited, you were his pride and joy.

"Sweet one..come, today I have a lot of plans for us"
Tonowari called out gently, giving you a soft smile as he put a hand out for you, waiting for you to take it as you were still sleepy.

"Dad....why nowwwww? It's so early..."
You grumble, even if you were used to it, you wanted to sleep in once in a while too.
But he only chuckles, shaking his head.
"Come..unless you don't want to spend as much time with me as I want with you?"

He says jokingly, knowing it's not true, he knows you're as excited, just tired.

"You know that's not true..."

You huff, sitting up as you rub your eyes, grunting as you narrow your eyes at him.

"Hmph..."
And he only smirks, satisfied with himself as he leaves your little room.

________________✧⁠\⁠(⁠>⁠o⁠<⁠)⁠ノ⁠✧______________

"So..what are we doing today?"

You hum quietly as you follow behind him, holding onto his pinky gently so you'd feel secure.

"Today, as we both know, is a day just for us..so I thought we could just, spend the day at the beach..? I know it's nothing, since you know it like the back of your hand but...yeah"

He mumbles softly, trailing off as he sighs

"I'm not good with making up plans...so I'm sorry"

His ears twitch as he looks away, making you chuckle as you gently squeeze his pinky.

"It's okay papa..you know I like the beach, right?"

He smiles, nodding as he chuckles.
"Of course you do.. you're my kid after all, I saw the sea as something special since I was a kid, I never got tired of it ...not once a bit, and I'm glad to hear that one of my children think like that too."

___________________________________

It's getting darker now, sun going down as you two are giggling in the sea, racing on who gets back faster as you try to sabotage each other.
You were about to win, few meters away from it but you feel his strong hand wrapping around your ankle and pull you back as he swims past you with smug smile. You and your family were always competitive, but not letting it show.

And so, as you see him swim up, you narrow your eyes at him as you do so too,  huffing as you get on the beach.

"You cheated! Papa!"
And you get next to him, smacking his arm as he laughs from heart, so genuine.

"And I do not feel sorry for doing so, you've got to learn from the best! After all, you can't live in life with no little mischief here and there..."

And just like that, your day ends, but, you loved it. You did so many things, you two had a picnic, went hunting, talked, and mostly made everything a competition. After all, like a father like a son/daughter. You were more familiar than one would think, it was cute.
And with what you have done in the day, you went to sleep, smiling softly as you think about spending more time with both of your parents, you loved them more than anything, and you couldn't ask for better ones.