𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈. ━━ ballad of a teenage tragedy

⋆☀︎⋆₊⋆˚୨୧⋆₊⋆ ☀︎⋆ೃ❦⁀➷▎MOTHER'S BEAUTY ▎ballad of a teenage tragedy ━━ׂׂૢ

⋆☀︎⋆₊⋆˚୨୧⋆₊⋆ ☀︎⋆
ೃ❦⁀➷
MOTHER'S BEAUTY
ballad of a teenage tragedy ׂׂ

𝗔𝗦 𝗧𝗪𝗜𝗟𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 𝗣𝗔𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗞𝗜𝗘𝗦 𝗜𝗡 𝗛𝗨𝗘𝗦 of orange and pink, I found myself nestled among my friend at the dining pavilion. My sisters were there, alongside Clarisse, Aurora, and Annie, with Lila adding her lively presence to the mix. Meanwhile, across the expanse of the pavilion, the boys held their own company, far away from our table.

I didn't really wanted to sit with Luke, so I just sat with the girls. It was accustomed to sit with your own table from your cabin, but tonight was an exception. The air seemed lighter, less burdened, perhaps because the master bolt had been restored to Zeus.

Throughout the day, I had actively evaded any chance encounters with Luke, steering clear of my usual training grounds in favor of joining my siblings in their exercises, a safe distance away from him.

Lost in my thoughts, I sat at the table, scarcely aware of the conversations swirling around me. Despite my efforts to appear composed, the weight of uncertainty pressed heavily upon me.

"Are you alright?" Annie's voice, soft and concerned, broke through my thoughts as she settled beside me.

A melancholy smile tugged at my lips as I met her gaze. "Just contemplating whether today something's going to happen," I confided, my expression betraying a sense of resignation.

"We'll just have to wait and see," Annie reassured me with a gentle squeeze of my hand.

Her words offered a semblance of comfort, a fleeting respite from the turmoil within. "You're right," I conceded, acknowledging the wisdom in her simple statement.

"It's a relief to see the camp returning to its former state, now that the whole ordeal with the master bolt is behind us," Aurora interjected, her sentiment echoed by the nods of agreement from our companions.

"Now, there is finally peace," Lila remarked, her voice carrying a note of relief.

"Indeed, though it's absurd to think the gods would expect us to fight alongside them if war were to erupt. We're merely children," Serenity commented with a heavy sigh, voicing the incredulity shared by many.

As the familiar sound of the evening horn resonated through the dining pavilion, signaling the conclusion of supper, we all rose from our seats, preparing to retire to our cabins as dusk began to settle.

"By the way, Kathy, when do you plan to resume teaching?" Lila inquired as we strolled together.

"Probably soon, although I must admit I haven't quite found the motivation to start again," I replied honestly, my footsteps measured.