𝐕𝐈. ━━ it's nice to have a friend

⋆☀︎⋆₊⋆˚୨୧⋆₊⋆ ☀︎⋆ೃ❦⁀➷▎MOTHER'S BEAUTY ▎it's nice to have a friend ━━ׂׂૢ

⋆☀︎⋆₊⋆˚୨୧⋆₊⋆ ☀︎⋆
ೃ❦⁀➷
MOTHER'S BEAUTY
it's nice to have a friend ׂׂ

    𝗜 𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘𝗗 𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗢 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗢𝗢𝗗𝗦 in search of Luke and found him sitting against a tree, his face buried in his hands.

"Luke, are you alright?" I asked, concern lacing my voice.

"Yeah, you should head back to the table." Luke replied.

"Not without you." I insisted, prompting him to finally look up at me.

"Kathy, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I'm so sorry," he confessed.

"Why apologize? You didn't make me uncomfortable." I assured him, taking a seat beside him. Our arms brushed against each other, his cool against my warmth, creating a gentle touch.

"I just wanted you to feel more welcome at camp." Luke murmured softly.

"Luke, I promise you, you did nothing wrong," I replied, meeting his gaze with softness.

"Are you sure you're telling the truth, your expression at that moment told me something else?" he asked.

"Absolutely. I know your intentions were kind." I reassured him.

"What do you mean?" Luke inquired.

"I know you were simply trying to be nice and not be so flirtatious." I explained softly.

"About that, did I blow my chances?" Luke asked, a hint of amusement in his tone.

"I thought you were genuinely being nice, only to realize it was a flirting attempt?" I chuckled.

"Can't miss an opportunity," Luke admitted with a grin.

"You're so cheesy and a pain in the ass," I said, rolling my eyes at his remark.