𝐈𝐗. ━━ flickering flames

⋆☀︎⋆₊⋆˚୨୧⋆₊⋆ ☀︎⋆ೃ❦⁀➷▎MOTHER'S BEAUTY ▎flickering flames ━━ׂׂૢ

⋆☀︎⋆₊⋆˚୨୧⋆₊⋆ ☀︎⋆
ೃ❦⁀➷
MOTHER'S BEAUTY
flickering flames ׂׂ

𝗔𝗦 𝗜 𝗪𝗔𝗟𝗞𝗘𝗗, a simmering rage churned within me, a tempest of emotions swirling beneath the surface. Hatred coursed through my veins, fueled by the injustice of it all, yet fear and sadness intertwined with the fury, creating a tumultuous storm of conflicting feelings.

Arriving at the table, all eyes turned to me expectantly, awaiting news of what had happened.

"What did he say?" Clarisse's voice cut through the tension, her expression told me she was worried. I took my seat beside Luke.

"My mother's mirror got stolen, and Zeus imprisoned my father." I uttered the words slowly, each syllable heavy with the weight of their implications.

"Wait, what?" Clarisse's disbelief echoed around the table, mirroring the disbelief I still struggled to comprehend.

"Is your mother going to start a war?" Darius asked, his tone edged with concern.

"Chiron said I have to retrieve the mirror and my father, or else war is about to happen." I replied, the gravity of the situation settling heavily upon my shoulders.

"Wait, does that mean you're going on a quest?" Luke's question hung in the air, punctuating the grim reality of the task ahead.

"Yeah." I confirmed, the word heavy with determination.

"That's too dangerous, if you step one foot outside of camp, you'll become his prey in an instant. He knows you'll be looking for your father and the mirror, he's waiting for your arrival." Luke said, his voice serious. Everyone agreed with Luke, their faces were all worried.

"I know," I murmured, the weight of Chiron's words sinking in. "Chiron said I could only bring two people."

"You don't have to decide now, Kathy." Lila reassured me, her voice a comforting presence amid the turmoil of my thoughts.

"Tomorrow you all will know who I'll be choosing, since I'll probably have to leave as soon as possible." I said, the uncertainty of the future looming before me like a dark cloud.

"We truly feel sorry for you, Katherine," Aurora offered sympathetically

"I don't even know if I'll make it back to camp alive." I confessed, my voice tinged with fear and doubt.

"Don't say that, Kathy. You're going to come back to camp alive. You have the strength and the intelligence. We know you'll be winning every battle outside of camp on your quest." Lila said with a heartfelt smile, her hand resting atop mine in a gesture of unwavering support.