𝗟𝗜

𝘍𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺-𝘖𝘯𝘦

𝗛𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗸𝗶

I killed someone...

I was thrust over Killian's shoulder. The bright lights hitting my eyes, I whimpered. I shielded my face with my arm and dug my nails into his back.

Screaming. That's what filled these vacant halls. Ringing alarms pierced my eardrums. Dust and clothes were scattered everywhere.

"We're all going to die!" An omega screamed until an alpha tackled him to the floor growling with his face distorted into anger. "SHUT UP AND MOVE IT!"

"K-Killian," I whispered his name and he stopped. His hand came down on my butt, steadying me in his steel-tight grip.

Keenan continued to carry an unconscious Iris over his shoulder with ease. He strides out of the door with innocents rushing out for safety.

"Don't let me die! The fire is spreading! The sprinklers are barely keeping them contained!" Another omega yelled as he wrapped himself in a blanket. "Whoever did this is fucking batshit crazy!"

A hand came down on my butt. A forced smack. I flinched as a low chuckle graced my ears. "This is not funny, Killian!" I breathed. "I killed someone!"

"Tough shit. We all have before. Join the movement," he said. His ear flickered at the sound of furniture being moved.

I coughed into my fist. The burning sensation in my chest worsened. We needed to get out of here. I didn't expect that fire to erupt in large flames.

I reached further down his large back and tugged at his black shirt. Clutching it between my fingers, I prayed for that woman, and may the Moon God forgive me.

She was going to kill your mate. I'd like to think it was defense.

I can't make excuses for myself. It was wrong of me to do that. A crime against wolves. I'd be considered a traitor.

She's not from our pack.

I heaved out a long sigh. "Biscuit, you just have an excuse for everything," I muttered.

"Whatever he is saying, it must make sense if you're against it," Killian gruffly murmured while carrying me out of the burning building.

"It does not make sense!" I growled and smacked his back. "Put me down! My legs work fine!"

"Not for long," he confidently spoke with this rare childlike grin on his face. "Ah~, a burning building," he released a satisfied breath as he turned and I was now facing away from the flames. "Doesn't it turn you on?"