𝗫𝗩𝗜

𝘚𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

𝗛𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗸𝗶

The stinging sensation in my cheek left me in tears. I slowly raised my hand to my face as I stared at Anrai with parted lips. "Y-you just slapped me?"

He was livid.

Elijah dropped me off first while he found a parking spot. So I had time to diffuse this...

"Who the hell do you think you are?" Anrai growled. "You want to embarrass me? Fucking riding with him of all people?! He nearly ruined my face and you think he cares about us?!"

"I-I just.." I breathe as tears trickle down my cheeks. I couldn't put on my best poker face. Everything was crashing down on me at once. First, I was assaulted, and now this? I don't even know what I did wrong..

Moon God, I'm not strong enough to handle these obstacles that you keep throwing my way.

"You just what?" His eyes were wild and completely feral. "Don't go and start crying when you brought this on your fucking self!"

But my thoughts wandered to Elijah who will be arriving soon. I didn't want another incident.

Since he was starting to draw a crowd, Anrai lowered his voice but continued to whisper-shout at me. "You think now since you're at an alpha school that you can just do whatever you want?!"

"E-Elijah isn't like that. H-He wanted t-to help us-"

"He. wants. to. fuck. you." He slowly gestured as he raked his fingers through his blonde hair. "My fuck why are you so damn stupid? Genuinely, you're so damn dense. No wonder your family doesn't want you."

He's just angry...

"I'm all that you fucking have! No one in this world gives a fuck about you like I do! Not your family, not Elijah!"

He doesn't mean it...

He grabbed my wrist and yanked me forward, leading me to where he parked. "You're so damn gullible to the world around you. Don't you know that I'm the only one who can protect you?!"

"W-wait, w-where are we going?!" I breathlessly asked.

"Home!"

"B-but Elijah..."

"So you need Elijah? Elijah this. Elijah that. Are you fucking him? Huh?" he grits out and his grip around my wrist tightened.