𝗫𝗩𝗜𝗜𝗜

𝘌𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

𝗛𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗸𝗶

Depression fueled me. Anrai was constantly on my mind and I couldn't shake it. Why? The words he said to me were awful. He found his mate and just left me like I was nothing to him.

Not even friends at least...

We were all walking into the building and Diesel carried Elijah over his shoulder while the twins walked side by side.

Keenan wore black trousers with a black hoodie and Killian wore black jeans with a white shirt that clung to his toned physique. They both were menacing to look at.

"Done staring?" Killian pushed his thumb against his lip as he chewed on the inside, staring forward.

"Do you ever get sleep?" I asked and it's because whenever I look at him, there are always dark bags beneath his eyes. It made his mercury irises pop but that wasn't healthy.

"No," he bluntly says. "And I don't need it."

Everyone needs sleep. Maybe that's why he's always so grumpy. "May I ask why you don't need it?" I quietly ask him.

Keenan nudged his brother, cocking his head to the side and I peeked around the giant alpha to see who they were looking at. General Mikko. He was talking to a group of alphas.

And that's when I noticed that the academy was super quiet. It was like a ghost town. "Where is everyone?" I asked Diesel since Elijah looked out of it, hanging from his shoulder. "Where are the students?"

Diesel ignored my question. Instead, he asked, "Can you two take him to Levi? I need to get him to Alvaro and quickly. He's starting to fall unconscious."

"I'm not some fucking store associate," Killian snapped at him and I looked at him, eyes wide and lips apart.

"I don't think you're a store associate," I muttered and he stared at my face, speechless for a moment. Was something on my face?

He grumbled something under his breath and then spoke to Keenan in their home language. Keenan looked at me then his eyes traveled down to my broken hand.

I shyly waved at him with my good hand and his brow arched. Diesel disappeared with Elijah and Killian soon after, leaving Keenan and I.

Keenan strides forward and I assume he wanted me to follow him. I massaged my wrist, jogging to keep up with his pace.

Assuming he didn't want to speak to me, I kept my lips shut. Besides, the mental state I was in right now was causing emotional distress. But I hide it. I hide the pain because I know others are probably experiencing worse.

Keenan looked at me from the corner of his eyes but he didn't say anything. When we arrived at a specific room, he opened the door and walked in without knocking. I recall that it was Levi's office!

Only to find it empty.

I suppose I can just wait until he arrives. It's not like I have anything else to do. Or go. I turn around to find Keenan leaning against the door with his arms crossed and I send him a soft grin.