⠀⠀

𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

𝗛𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗸𝗶

After Levi examined my body for wounds or possible future trauma, he escorted me to my temporary housing. He'd let me know the results.

I had so much that I wanted to do today but everything went downhill. I paced back and forth while trying to figure out how I was going to fix this. It's not that I am the reason for this but as their guardian, I felt that I needed to at least attempt to get on good terms.

These are children that I'm dealing with. I can't just give up. Although this place was lavishly built and very expensive to what I'm compared to, I wanted to be in my old, worn-down apartment with Anrai.

I pulled out my cellular device and dialed Anrai's number which he picked up on the fourth ring.

"Who is this?" he slurred and my eyes widened as I looked at the phone to make sure I called the right number.

"Anrai?" I sighed. "Are you drunk?"

"No. I'm just trying to figure out what to do with this glass of whiskey. Should I throw it at a wall or should I bash it over your head?" he hiccuped.

"Anrai, you don't know what you're saying," I whispered as I sat down on this nicely furnished cushioned chair. "Don't go out. You'll get in trouble."

"I'm not some f-fucking kid. Stop fucking treating me like one you fucking fuck. I bet—," hiccup. "—you're enjoying that alpha school, huh?"

"If I'm being honest," I dryly chuckle while resting my hand on my thigh. "I've been injured and they are prohibiting me from attending classes for the rest of the day so that I can relax." I kept looking around as if someone would jump out at me at any moment and tell me how all of this was a joke.

"Where are you staying?"

"I told you; temporary housing on campus. It's required Monday through Friday," I repeated.

"What are you wearing?"

"Um, the same thing since earlier," I snorted while lying on my side, using the couch pillow to keep my head elevated.

"Wow, Deki. That was so fucking funny," he grumbled and I couldn't help but softly giggle.

"But overall, yeah, I'm just relaxing for the rest of the day. May I vent?" I gripped my phone with a frown.

"You really—," hiccup. "—want to vent to a drunk person?

"You're all I have." Admitting this became easier for me. Acceptance is key. "So, may I?"

There was silence for a short second until I heard movement in the background. "Wait," he grumbled, sounding like he was knocking stuff over. "I dropped my shit. But go ahead and vent."

I closed my eyes and imagined myself in our apartment with him next to me. "These classes.."

"What about them?"

"Each student I have has medical issues. A serious diagnosis and I'm not sure if I'm qualified to teach them." I rested the phone on my forehead and then placed my hands over my stomach.