𝗫𝗟𝗩𝗜

𝘍𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘚𝘪𝘹

𝗛𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗸𝗶

This wine tasted remarkable. I held it up to my eye level, examining it. Made in 1967. Interesting.

I sat the bottle on my dresser then peeled these clothes off starting with my shoulders. Sliding the sleeve down with my index finger, I looked down.

I felt numb. That numbness that keeps you up late at night. It doesn't hurt. You just feel disconnected. And my brother showed me that blood is not entitled to loyalty. It depends on said person.

This warm feeling inside of me. It felt like the sun at its peak. I wanted to drown myself and never forget. That feeling I desperately wanted would never come back unless I made it come back.

I stood in my spot. While gawking at the bottle full of my glutton, I swallowed. No, I shouldn't want this and I sure didn't need this. I'm parched.

Maybe one more taste wouldn't hurt.

That's how all addictions start.

And he was right.

With my finger against the bottle, I applied enough pressure to cause it to tip and tumble to the floor, the bottle shattered and the wine spilled.

Red tainted the wooden flooring. The sound of glass shattering pricked my skin. It felt good—breaking something else. That isn't me.

Sluggishly walking over to the bed, I plopped down on the end and fell back. Staring at the ceiling, I came to a realization.

People took advantage of me. And not in the way you'd think. Yes, I was kind to people but there's always a choice.

A choice on whether you want to be a good person or a bad person in this world. I chose to be good but Killian was right.

No one in this world cares about me. Not even my own family. Ahvi showed me that. For years, I sat there and got played for a fool while he was deep in my brother.

Those nights...he claimed he was going out with his friends. He was in bed with my brother... 

This world is full of shit.

Trailing my fingers up my shirt, I traced the outline of my stomach, my skin warm and heated with the need to feel the twins.

Maybe I am helpless.

My breathing spiked. The door creaked open, a masculine scent invading this darkened room as I lay helpless over the bed. And I welcomed it.

I welcomed every inch of his existence into my own. The twins could destroy me. All of me. I'd let them.

"Killian, why am I so stupid..? Naive, nice." The words left my lips.

"Hopeless romantics are always the easiest to pick apart," he explained. "Which is why you were his target."

His sultry voice sounded closer. Breathing a sigh, I propped myself on my elbows, inclining my head to see the walking enigma of a man.