⠀⠀

𝘍𝘪𝘷𝘦

𝗛𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗸𝗶

"Mr. Levi, thank you." I politely smiled at the alpha who wrapped my head in medical gauze.

"You'll be okay. Your healing rate is slow since you're an omega but there are no serious injuries," Levi assures.

"Yeah, I figured." I hopped down from the medical bed. "Thank you so much. Really."

"It's no problem. I understand being an omega means that you're weak and defenseless," he bluntly says but I don't think he understood the dynamics between our titles.

He's right but it hurts to hear it.

"Mr. Levi—"

"Just Levi. I'm not that old. I'm only forty." he chuckles, leaning back in his seat as he reads something on his computer.

"Well, I best be on my way. I have to make sure Anrai is okay." I sent him a short smile and he stared at me with stoicism.

"Anrai?"

"Yeah, um, he's a visitor."

The way Levi was staring at me kinda made me feel uncomfortable. It felt like he was trying to piece me together. "By your body language, he's your mate?"

"Uh, no. Just my lover," I corrected his assumption.

His eyes narrowed and his head slightly tilted to the right. "You're thirty-one with no mate? Do you have regular heat cycles?"

Although this question was normal for omegas, I found myself blushing while nodding my head.

"I do."

"Are you taking pills for them? If not, I need to list you under our medical supervision, and get you pills as soon as possible."

Levi's attitude changed into seriousness. I knew he was worried for my safety but also for every unmated alpha in this academy.

"I have my own prescript—"

"I'm going to list you anyway," he breathes, turning around to log into a certain website. "We can't have any accidents. This academy is full of unmated alphas."

"Are..you unmated?" I was scared to be at the age of forty and haven't experienced my mate.

"No, I've been mated for twenty-one years," he replies as his fingers are typing away.

"And how do they deal with you working here? Do you have to stay on campus Monday through Friday?" I might as well learn about him since I was waiting.

"He understood the work field I went into would be time-consuming," he said. "He's a stay-at-home father and I prefer it that way."

"We have a lot in common then. I'm a working partner while he stays at home." I proudly shared since people would expect the omega to.

"Is your partner disabled?" he angrily asks.

"N-No."