Chapter 11

Armani pov

I was perplexed, nothing was making sense. "I don't get it? How are my powers coming back?" I asked, brow furrowed in confusion.

Chiron stroked his beard, deep in thought. "I don't know either, but this could be happening the same way your memories were coming back too."

"But that doesn't make sense," I said, shaking my head. "The sirens can't heal."

Realization dawned on Chiron's face. "But the Fleece can," he said. "Did you come into contact with the Fleece?"

I paused, trying to recall the hazy events. "I'm not sure," I admitted. "I was knocked out by the Cyclops, so I don't remember everything that happened."

We fell silent.

After a moment, I spoke up again. "But I do remember waking up and feeling better. The pounding pain in my head was gone, and the rest of the pain from the collision disappeared. I was just slightly woozy, but that type of fast healing could only happen if I was healed by the Fleece. Do you think the Fleece healed more than it was supposed to?"

Chiron nodded slowly. "That would make sense as to why your powers are reappearing. They were dormant in your body and just needed a traumatic experience to activate them. But they won't be as strong as they were when you were a goddess, because your mortal body right now might not be able to handle it. Still, they are powerful nevertheless. We will figure this out after the meeting."

I felt a mix of relief and nervousness. My powers were back, but would I be able to control them? One thing was certain - the quest ahead was about to get even more complicated.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Dionysus called a council of cabin leaders and me to discuss the prophecy. Well, he didn't exactly call on me, I just kinda invited myself because one I was already in the building. Two, the last few lines seemed to be directed towards me. Even if I don't want to go on the quest the fates will make sure I get on it, plus I kinda owe Artemis so I need to save her.

And Annabeth.

The council was held around a ping pong table in the rec room. Dionysus waved his hand and supplied snack: cheez wiz, crackers, lays and several bottles of red wine. Chiron had to remind him that wine was against the rule and most of us were underage, so Dionysus turned them into Diet Coke which nobody drank.

Mr D and Chiron were both sat at the two opposite head chairs, then followed by Zoe and Bianca. Who had kind of become Zoe's personal assistant sat next on the left of Mr. D, while Thalia, Grover, Percy and I sat on his right side. Along with the other head councilors: Beckendorf, Silena and the Stoll brothers. The Ares kids were supposed to send a representative, but all of them had broken limbs "accidentally" during capture of the flag, courtesy of the Hunters, so now they were out for a few days.

Zoe started the meeting off on a positive not, "this is pointless."

"Cheez whiz!" Grover gasped, as he began scooping crackers and ping pong balls spraying them with topping. Sometimes moments like these remind me that dude is actually a goat or half goat.

"There is no time for talk," Zoe continued. "Our goddess needs us. The Hunters must leave immediately."

"And go where?" Chiron asked, quirking an eyebrow.

"West!" Bianca commanded. "You heard the prophecy; Six shall go west to the goddess in chains. We can get six hunters and go."

It was crazy how a bit of power could change someone. Bianca was more confident and different; appearance wise. She had her dark hair braided like Zoe's now, so you could actually see her face. She had a splash of freckles across her nose, dark eyes and brown skin that faintly glowed like the other hunters. Like she just took a shower in liquid moonlight.