Chapter 21

Hey Guys,

I'm just wondering, would you guys want a full backstory on Armani and Apollo's love story? If you do, should I do it as a bonus or add it as part of the story? Please comment on what you think.

Thanks :)

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > >

Armani pov

I woke up to Percy shaking me, we made it to Miami Beach, but the hippocampi couldn't get any closer to the shore because of pollution and too many humans. So we had to swim the rest of the way.

We made it to shore, soaking wet and people looked at us crazy because who goes to a beach to swim in clothes? Well, everyone except Percy, who was annoyingly dry. A nearby newspaper stand and today was June 18th. We have been away from camp for 10 days.

"That's impossible!" Clarisse exclaimed. "Thalia's tree must be almost dead! We have to get the Fleece back tonight."

Clarisse slumped down on the pavement. "This is just like the Oracle said. It's your fault, Jackson! If you hadn't–"

"Percy's fault?!" I snapped. She almost got us killed three times, plus saved her ass twice now, and she has the audacity to blame Percy. "We wouldn't even be in this situation if you hadn't stolen Percy's quest."

"You better watch what you say, newbie," Clarisse sneered, moving closer to me and staring me down. "I don't care if you're a new kid. I'll still beat your ass."

"Try me, bit–" I said, stepping to her.

"Stop it!" Percy yelled, pulling me back.

Annabeth sat next to Clarisse, putting her head in her hands, and Grover looked down, devastated. I crossed my arms and looked away.

"Clarisse," Percy said, "what did the Oracle tell exactly?"

She looked up, taking a deep breath.

"You shall sail the iron ship with warriors of bone,

You shall find what you seek and make it your own,

But despair for your life entombed within stone,

And fail without friends, to fly home alone."

Ouch.

"Wait a minute," Percy said. "I've got it." he started patting his pockets. "Does anybody have any cash?"

"Like...green paper? The kind in Duffel bags?" Tyson asked hesitantly.

"Yeah...green paper," Percy said.

"But we lost those bags days ago," Annabeth muttered.

Tyson rummaged in his saddle pack and pulled out a Ziploc bag full of cash, one that I recognized had come with their original supplies from Hermes.

"Tyson!" Percy said. "How did you–"

"Thought it was a feed bag for Rainbow," he explained.

There were at least three hundred dollars there. I could buy some nice stuff with that money. Percy grabbed the duffel bag and ran to the curb to hail a taxi. He grabbed the fleece which looked like a varsity jacket from Annabeth and stashed it in the pockets, handing it to Clarisse.

"You're going to the airport," he said.

"Wait," Clarisse said. "You're letting me–"

"It's your quest," Percy said, coming up to them. "We only have enough money for one flight, and like hell would Zeus let it be me. That's what the prophecy meant: you'd fail without friends, meaning you'd need our help, but you'd need our help, but you'd have to fly home alone."