Chapter 8

Armani Pov

I was really trying to get the hang of this whole demigod life, but most of it was way more complicated and tiring than I expected. I mean, this is supposed to be a summer camp, why do I have to wake up at 9am every morning just to go for a lesson in Greek? I have enough of that already at school. Why bring it to the place where its supposed to be fun and not like school?

After my Greek lesson, I went for archery and sword fighting, and it turned outI was pretty good at it. When sword practice was done, I was heading back to the cabin to grab a quick shower when I saw Annabeth and Percy in what looked like a very heated conversation. I headed towards the two of them, but I stopped in my tracks when Percy snapped, " he's not my brother! and he's not a monster either!"

Annabeth raised her eyebrows. " Hey, don't get mad at me! I saved your life. Plus Cyclops are the most deceitful, treacherous..."

"He is not! What have you got against cyclops, anyway?" Percy asked.

Annabeth's ears turned pink, as her face flashed with multiple emotions: anger, pain, hurt and fear. " Just forget it," she said. "Now, the axle for this chariot—"

"You're treating him like he's this horrible thing. He saved my life." Percy said.

Annabeth threw down her pencil and stood. " Then maybe you should design a chariot with him."

" Maybe I should." Percy retaliated.

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

Annabeth stormed off the opposite way Armani was facing, not even knowing I heard the whole conversation. After the daughter of Athena was gone, I slowly trudged towards him and sat down next to him.

"Well that was pretty ugly. You good?" I asked.

"No," Percy answered. " I feel like garbage."

"I mean, you were kind of an ass to Tyson, and before you yell at me too, you know i'm right."

He sighed, "Yeah, I kinda was."

"Kinda?"

"Okay, I was. I get it, no need to rub it in."

We both just sat there, looking out towards the Canoe lake in silence.

Percy broke the silence, changing the subject. "Anyway how've you been? I know everything's hard to get used to and all. Were you able to call your mom?"

"I talked to my mom, and I think she's mortal. She couldn't really get what I was talking about and it was kinda hard to explain, so we decided to talk when we meet in person. But I guess this just makes things more complicated cuz I don't know what I am, Percy. And that scares me." I said.

"I'm sorry, Armani." Percy sincerely apologized, guilt showing his eyes.

I playfully pushed his head down, ruffling his already messy black hair. " Hey, what did I say about apologizing."

" You said I should stop doing it." he said, lightly slapped my hand away from his head.

"Exactly, it was bound to happen. Plus because of this whole situation, I'm pretty sure I'm a naturally talented demigod." I said bragging. "You should have seen me in my archery lesson and sword fighting. Beat everyone there, except Lee from the Apollo's cabin. Man can't miss a target"

Percy clutches stomach and laughs. "Yeah, you think you're good at everything," he said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes as I lightly nudged him, " Whatever Jackson. let's just start working on this chariot and get you in the race."