Chapter 7

Percy pov

"Thank you, Jesus" I heard Armani say as she stumbled out of the crashed bus, which was understandable because that was a horrific ride. I watched as she stumbled backward and was about to fall, I quickly moved and caught her.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked worriedly. She's been looking really sick ever since meeting Apollo.

"Yeah, I'm good. Just a bit woozy," she said, standing up and supporting herself. I knew she was lying, and I knew she needed space, but their whole interaction was weird and Armani looked so scared and hurt. I have never seen her that scared or hurt before. Usually she would make a joke or just shrug off the whole thing, but she's been quiet the whole bus ride. I just can't help but worry.

"Whoa," Nico and Percy murmured at the same time, the first at the lava wall and the second at the snow that blanketed camp.

"Tell Chiron, we'll be in cabin eight," Zoe said.

"I'll show you the way! It's easy to get lost here if you don't–" Grover tripped over a canoe and came up still blabbering– "Like my old daddy goat used to say!"

The hunter knew they couldn't get rid of the satyr even if they tried. Right before they walked off, Bianca Di Angelo leaned over to her brother for the first time since Westover Hall's gym and whispered into his ear just loud enough for Armani and I to hear, "Be good, Okay, Neeks?" Then she followed the Hunters away.

"Come on," Armani said soothingly as Nico's face very obviously became grumpy, who walked towards the big house with Armani.

"Take care, sweethearts!" Apollo called after the hunters left. "Watch out for the prophecies, Percy. I'll see you soon."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

Instead of answering, he hopped back on the bus,"Later Thalia," He called. "And, uh, be good!" He gave her a wicked smile, as if he knew something she didn't. Before he left he glanced in the direction of the big house, well Armani's direction, with a sad expression.

This action just confused me more. Why would Apollo look at Armani that way? And what was with the tension back at Westover? I had so many questions, but I knew now wasn't a good time to be curious, especially since Annabeth was gone.

I jogged and caught up with Nico and Armani, as we walked towards the big house. The house was decorated with strings of red and yellow fireballs that warmed the porch, but didn't seem to set anything on fire. Inside, flames crackled in the hearth. The air smelled like hot chocolate. When we arrived, we found Mr. D and Chiron playing a quiet game of cards in the parlor.

Chiron's brown beard was shaggier for the winter. His curly hair had grown a little longer. He wasn't posing as a teacher this year, so he could afford to be casual. He wore a fuzzy sweater with a hoof print design on it, and he had a blanket on his lap that almost hid his wheelchair completely.

When he noticed us, he smiled, "Percy! Thalia! Armani! Ah, and this must be—"

"Nico Di Angelo," Armani said. "He and his sister are the half-bloods."

Chiron sighed in relief, "you succeeded, then."

"Well..." I said, looking at the ground with sadness.

His smile melted, "what's wrong? And where is Annabeth?"

"Oh dear," Mr. D said in a bored tone. "Not another lost one."

I have been trying not to pay attention to Mr. D, but he was kind of hard to ignore in his neon-orange-leopard-skin warm-up suit and his purple running shoes (like he had ever run a day in his immortal life). A golden laurel was tilted sideways on his curly black hair, which must've meant he'd won the last hand of cards.