Chapter 22

Armani pov

"I'll kill you quickly," Luke confidently said, while strapping his shield.

"Luke," Annabeth protested. "At least give him a shield."

"Sorry, Annabeth. But you bring your own equipment to this party." Annabeth answered with an indignant noise in protest.

"Coward," I spat, glaring at him.

The two boys charged, and Luke almost killed Percy on the first try with a slice under the arm. Percy counterattacked, but Luke slammed his blade away. All we could do was watch helplessly as Percy got himself killed.

Luke lunged, and Percy jumped backwards into the swimming pool. He spun, creating a funnel of water, blasting out of the deep end straight into Luke's face. The older teenager was knocked down, but quickly rolled aside, taking a shot at Percy's thigh. He connected, and Percy kicked him back, but when he tried to move away, his leg wouldn't take the weight.

"Perrrrcy!" Grover bleated as Annabeth gasped sharply.

Percy was on the ground trying to get back to the pool. Luke advanced slowly, still smiling wickedly.

"One thing I want you to watch before you die, Percy." he looked at the other bear-man, who was stilling us captive. "You can eat your dinner now, Oreius. Start with the mortal and take your time,"

Several things happened at once. The bear-man bared his teeth, bringing me closer to his mouth. I started kicking trying hard to get out of his hold, but I couldn't. That is when all Hades broke loose.

A red feather arrow sprouted from Oreius's mouth, he dropped me and staggered back, holding his mouth. Agrius was so surprised he let the Pegasus's reins go slack, allowing the stallion to kick him in the head and fly free over Miami Bay. There was a wild chorus of way cries as the bear twins' bodies dissolved into smoke.

Luke's guards did nothing except watch as a dozen centaurs charged out of the main stairwell.

"Ponies!" Tyson cried with delight.

It was chaos. Chiron was among the crowd, but his relatives were almost nothing like him: a crazy loud bunch both literally, figuratively and aesthetically. They exploded onto the deck with ferocity and color, letting loose with paintball guns, baseball bats, and bows.

"Come get some!" yelled one of the party ponies.

Chiron galloped toward Annabeth and Grover, plucking them off the deck and depositing them on his back. Percy tried to get up, his wounded leg failing again until I ran over and helped him up.

"I told you to not do one thing," I scolded him while dragging him away from the chaos.

"I'm not dead?," he yelled, almost surprised by the fact he was still alive.

Before I could comment on his response, Luke's screaming reminded me that I was currently on a battlefield and I didn't have much time to have a discussion. An alarm bell began thrumming; any second we'd be swamped by reinforcements. Already, his warriors were getting over their surprise, drawing swords and spears.

"Withdraw, brethren!" Chiron ordered.

"You won't get away with this, horseman!" Luke shouted, just to get smacked to the ground with a boxing glove arrow. I had to laugh, that's what he gets for stealing my nickname idea.

"Dude, get your big friend!" A palomino centaur said, hoisting Percy and me onto his back.

"Tyson! Come on!" Percy yelled.

The cyclops slapped about half a dozen warriors away before jumping on a nearby centaur's back.

"Dude!" the roan groaned. "Do the words 'low carb diet' mean anything to you?"