Chapter 10

Percy Pov

Armani and I get up when we notice Annabeth and Tyson racing towards us.

"Percy, what's going on?" Annabeth asks worryingly, her gray eyes scanning my body for injuries. "I heard you calling for help!"

"Me, too!" Tyson exclaimed, with a worried expression, "Heard you yell, 'Bad things are attacking!"

"I didn't call you guys..." I furrowed my eyebrows, thinking that this might be Hermes's doing. "Look, I'm fine."

"But then who..." Annabeth noticed the four yellow duffel bags, the thermos, the bottle of vitamins and Armani, who just waved. "What-"

"Just listen," I interrupted, "We don't have much time," I told them about the conversation with Hermes, making sure to avoid the whole situation with Armani. By the time I finished, we could hear screeching in the distance; patrol harpies were picking up our scent.

Annabeth looked back and forth between Armani and me. "We have to do the quest."

"We'll get expelled, you know and trust me, I 'm an expert at getting expelled."

"I've never been expelled before.." Armani says, raising her hand. I sigh and try to tell her that she won't be coming with us, but before I can Annabeth mentions. "So? If we fail, there won't be any camp to go back to,"

"Good point," says Armani.

"Yeah, but you promised Chiron—" I say.

"I promised I'd keep you from danger. I can only do that by staying with you!" Annabeth added, "Tyson and Armani can stay behind and tell them—"

"I want to go," Tyson and Armani both said.

"No!" Anna

"I agree with Annabeth here, Mani you can't come. You have barely been at camp and haven't had enough time to practice combat." I say, not liking the idea of Armani in danger.

"Well, too bad fate says otherwise,'' she says pointing to the four duffel bags. "I'm coming, whether you like it or not." proceeding to pick up a duffel bag and get ready.

"Fine. Armani and Tyson can come, we can't leave them because Tantalus will punish them for us being gone." I say and it's easier to keep her out of danger if she's next to me.

"Percy," Annabeth said, trying to keep her cool. "We're going to Polyphemus's island! Polyphemus is a S-i-k...a C-y-k..." She stomped her foot in frustration. As smart as she was, Annabeth was dyslexic, too. They could've waited there all night while she tried to spell Cyclops, but that would make us bird food. "You know what I mean!"

"Tyson and Armani can go, If they want to..."

"We want to," they both said. I sighed knowing convincing them otherwise would take time and we didn't have that much time, since the ship was getting farther and farther away.

Annabeth gave me the evil eye and said, "All right. How do we get to that ship?"

"Hermes said Percy's Pops would help," Armani says while tying her hair into a ponytail and sheathing her dagger.

"Well then, Seaweed brain? What are you waiting for?" Annabeth said, also getting ready.

I walked towards the water and stepped into the waves. I was kind of nervous because there was a 50/50 chance that this might work.

"Uhm Dad? How's it going?" I say mentally slapping myself.

"Percy!" Annabeth whispered. "We're in a hurry!"

"We need your help," I said a little louder. "We need to get to that ship, like before we get eaten and stuff, so..."

Well, nothing happened, waves crashed against the shore like normal, so I'm assuming that my prayer didn't follow through. The harpies sounded like they were right behind the dunes. Then, about a hundred yards out of sea, three white lines appeared on the surface. They moved fast toward the shore. As they neared the beach, the surf burst apart and the heads of three white stallions reared out of the waves.