Chapter 20

Armani pov

We tried for what seemed like hours, but it was no good. The boulder wouldn't move. We yelled into the cracks, and tapped on the rock. Percy attempted to cut, but it wouldn't budge. We did everything we could think of to move or send a message to Grover, but nothing worked.

Even if by some miracle we managed to kill Polyphemus, it wouldn't do us any good because Grover and Clarisse would die inside that sealed cave. And they wouldn't die by starvation or thirst, no, that will happen later after Clarisse sees what the Cyclops sees. A grilled satyr with mango chutney on the side.

We all sat on the ridge in despair and watched the distant fancy cyclops as he moved among his flocks. He had wisely divided his regular animals from his man-eating sheep, putting each group on either side of the huge crevice that divided the island. The only way across was the rope bridge, and the planks were much too far apart for sheep hooves.

"Trickery," Annabeth spoke, breaking the silence. "We can't beat him by force, so we'll have to use trickery."

"Okay," Percy said. "What trick?"

"I haven't figured that part out yet," she confessed.

"Great," Percy responded, frustration evident in his tone.

"Polyphemus will have to move the rock to let the sheep inside," Annabeth said. "At sunset, which is when he'll marry Clarisse and have Grover for dinner."

"Grilled Grover," I said, leading to Percy pinching my arm and Annabeth staring at me horrified. "Sorry," I apologized.

Clearing her throat, Annabeth continued, "I could get inside invisibly."

"What about us?" Percy asked.

Annabeth smirked, "how do you like sheep?"

And that's how ladies and gentlemen, Percy Jackson and Armani Smith ended up underneath the sheep. Literally.

"I really hope these baby sheep are vegetarian because I'm not dying by sheep," I whisper while grabbing onto the sheep. Holding on for my dear life.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > 

Quests are important. It's where you make wonderful, dreadful memories. One's that are so picture-worthy, you just want to remember them forever. Because Percy underneath a sheep sneezing, while holding on for his life, is the funniest thing ever. 'Note to self: on my next quest, bring a camera.'

"Hasenpfeffer!" the cyclops said, patting one of the sheep in front of me. "Einstein! Widget–eh there, Widget!"

Polyphemus patted Percy's sheep, and I tensed even more. "Putting on some extra mutton there?" I held my breath, trying to hold back my laugh.

Polyphemus just laughed and swatted the sheep's rear end, propelling them forward, "Go on, fatty! Soon, Polyphemus will eat you for breakfast!"

And just like that, I was back in the place that haunted me for my whole life. A cave. The Fate's must really love seeing me suffer.

"Hello, Ugly!"

Polyphemus stiffened, "who said that?"

"Nobody!" Annabeth yelled.

That got the reaction Annabeth had been hoping for. The monster's face turned red with rage, "Nobody!" Polyphemus yelled back. "I remember you!"

"You're too stupid to remember anybody," Annabeth taunted. "Much less nobody."