CHAPTER 33- SMALL BEAN

Comenzar desde el principio

Mina removes Chaeyoung's hand from her face, feeling a bit bothered by his gesture. She tries to recall if she has felt that kind of sickness, but her mind draws a blank. "Seriously, I didn't feel any of that," she insists. "What's actually happening?" she demands, side-eyeing her boyfriend.

Chaeyoung's curiosity is piqued, and he turns his gaze to the doctor, waiting for an explanation.

"It's alright, Chaeyoung-aa," Dr. Joshua reassures with a wide smile. "Perhaps this will ring her bell," he suggests. Dr. Joshua confidently asks Mina again, "Mina-ssi, when was the last time you had your bloody ninja attack?? I mean your period?" He surely assumes that Mina will get the hint straight away.

Mina hesitates, counting in her period calendar in her mind. "Hmm... almost two months ago?" she estimates before meeping her face because she's also not really sure about it.

"And that's it, babe!" Chaeyoung exclaims excitedly, his eyes sparkling with anticipation. His heartbeat quickens, waiting for Mina's reaction.

But unfortunately, Mina remains confused, unable to grasp the hint. "That's it, what?!" she asks, raising her voice in confusion at Chaeyoung's odd behavior.

"Oh my god, since when did my girlfriend become this clueless," Chaeyoung whines, then delivers the news slowly, "Mina-yaa... you're pregnant!" His voice shifts into excited shrillness.

Mina's eyes widen in shock, her breath catching in her throat. She looks at Chaeyoung, searching for confirmation or denial in his eyes.

Chaeyoung's gaze meets hers, filled with a mixture of emotions—hope, nervousness, and love. He reaches out to hold her hand, offering silent support and gratitude. "We are going to have a kid soon, Mina-yaa," he says while gently pulling Mina into his embrace.

The doctor just smiles looking at both of them, a tinge of happiness lingering around him. After a moment, he leaves the room, intending to give some privacy that Chaeyoung and Mina need to cherish each other's presence with their upcoming little one.

Suddenly, Chaeyoung feels his clothes dampened with tears as Mina sobs hard in his embrace. He kisses the crown of her head before breaking the hug and gently cups her cheeks.

Mina's gaze locks with Chaeyoung's glassy eyes. Her breath catches in her throat. "I'm pregnant, Chaeng," she whispers in disbelief, tears streaming down her cheeks, yet she manages to curve the sweetest smile for Chaeyoung.

In that moment, Mina feels as if she's floating on air, overwhelmed with indescribable happiness. As she studies Chaeyoung's face, she finds warmth and reassurance in his eyes, knowing he'll be the best father to their child. She can sense the boundless love he'll shower upon their little one.

"Hello, my small bean... It's daddy here," Chaeyoung murmurs, resting his ear against Mina's flat tummy, a smile gracing his lips. Though it's still new, but seeing Chaeyoung already tenderly caressing her flat tummy fills her with the realization of just how much love he already holds for their child and for her. His love for Mina may exceed her expectations now as she's carrying their child in that moment.

-BACK TO PRESENT-

"Son Sunghoon...?" Sana startles upon hearing the little boy's full name. Her heart races, her stirred emotions written all over her face. She's completely surprised and for a moment feels like she's floating. "Why... Son Sunghoon... T-Tzu, M-Mina?" She struggles to speak properly anymore.

Mina's heart sinks as Tzuyu unintentionally exposes the truth about her son. She exhales heavily, feeling overwhelmed by the tension. She hastily lifts Hoonie from his chair, intending to leave, but Sana stops her.