38

Leah and Beth have been gone for a little while and all of us girls are getting bored. We've shared our congratulations but the mood was completely dampened after Leah and Beth walked off for a typical tipsy Beth chat. One can only imagine what the topic of that conversation may be. 

Within the next 5 minutes, they both came back in. Leah was walking towards me but I figured she was just coming to rejoin the group but she stopped behind the girls and gestured for me to follow her. I'm nervous, what needs to be discussed than hasn't already been. But I ignore that pit forming in my stomach and follow her. I couldn't turn her down, I still have so much respect for her.

We got into Leah's room, well our old room and you could have cut the tension with a knife but still her company was something I longed for. 

L- Shall I start?

I nodded, I couldn't possibly begin this conversation when I don't even know what to say or how I feel.

L- I don't even know how to put this in a straight forward way and I don't want to ramble on. But I'm hurting and I can't help it. You're always on my mind and I just hate this awkward tension between us. I love you but it's not healthy for either of us right now. Not with the World Cup right around the corner. Maybe right person, wrong time really is a thing.

B- You can't sit and tell me how hurt you are without remembering what put us in this position Le, making me choose between divulging in my traumatic past with Alex and keeping you or not tell you and have to walk away. I will never be forced into making decisions or rushed into opening up. You should know that about me by now. 

L- I am sorry. I should never have given you an ultimatum, it isn't fair and I regret it so much. I just struggle so much with the unknown Bels, especially when it's about an ex. I overthink so much and I let my insecurities get the better of me so I am sorry.

B- I think we should just be friends Le, this isn't going to work without trust and over the past month we have had so many bickers and arguments about minor things that wouldn't happen if we trusted each other. I love and care about you Le, but for now we need to focus on the bigger picture; the world cup. If it's meant to be, we will come back together.

I can't do this anymore, I need to get out of this situation. As I reached the door, closing it behind me I dropped to the floor in tears. But that's when I had a good old fashioned Bella thought, I'm going to invite all of the girls out clubbing...

What's the worst that could happen...