33

"When you kissed me and I kissed you back, all of these pictures came into my mind. I remember everything, Bella. I didn't know how to react afterward so I just ran away."

She repeated herself, this time speaking a lot slower and clearer making sure I understood every word. I understood the first time I am just shocked. My heart is beating out of my chest and a surreal feeling has taken over my body completely.

B: We need to talk properly tomorrow, well today. We don't have training so I'll come to you okay?

L: Yes that's fine, I'm sorry for everything since my bad memory has come back. My mum gave me a proper grilling in the car and I feel so bad

B: Honestly it's fine don't stress about it, get some sleep and I'll see you tomorrow about 12 okay?

L: Goodnight beautiful

The call ended and although this girl has had me in tears all evening since she left the house, I find myself in pools of happy tears that she finally remembers us. The us that I want her to never forget.

Sleeping has never been easier.

My alarm was echoing around the room, I did not want to get up so I just ignored it for a while longer. That was until I heard banging on the door and a slightly agitated Irish shouting to turn it off. Sorry Katie.

It is 11.15 and I have officially overslept. I'm supposed to be at Amandas at 12. I think Leah already knows I've over slept considering I have woken up to 5 missed calls and 10 text messages. Even with her memory she's as needy as ever.

Quickly having a shower, putting one of my Arsenal tracksuits on and grabbing some food and I was ready to leave by 11.45 so maybe I wouldn't be too late after all.

I parked up outside Amanda's and could already see an eager Williamson at her bedroom's window.

L: What time do you call this?

B: I call this traffic Leah, and I'm only 5 minutes late

Amanda opened the door and greeted me with a hug and a kiss on the cheek as always. I don't know what I did in a past life to be lucky enough to have Amanda but I love her like a second mum.

I was planning on going straight to Leah, but Amanda pulled me into the kitchen for a word before I go up.

A: Take this up with you

She handed me the letter I had given her to give Leah.

A: She hasn't read it yet, she didn't deserve it. It's up to you when she should read it. Don't let her in those good books too easily miss.

B: Don't worry she won't get away with anything with me.

I smiled and took myself to Leah's room. Knocking on the door I playfully announced "housekeeping" before opening it. This earned a laugh from Leah which soon straightened out when she saw the serious look on my face. Her eyes flickering between mine and the paper that was still in my hand, I knew the question was coming

L: What's that?

B: Something for you to read.

L: Can you read it to me?

B: Really? Can you not read yourself?

L: Charming as ever Bels, but please I want to hear your words from you

B: Okay so I wrote this from beside you in the hospital before you had woken up, it says

I open the letter to see my handwriting which apparently was a lot messier than normal but what could I expect when Leah had just played bumper cars on the motorway.