32

Watching Leah close the front door behind her made my heart sink. Everyone in the room was just staring at me, including Amanda who decided not to follow her daughter out of the house. I couldn't face the party again after this, I put my drink down and sprinted up the stairs. Tears streamed from my eyes and I was choking every time I tried to breathe, why did she have to kiss me back if she was just going to embarrass me afterward? I couldn't stop overanalyzing my every move from tonight. Blaming myself for any and everything possible just to justify the change in Leah's attitude. That was when someone knocked on the door.

"Bella darling, can I come in?"

It was Amanda. The soft tone of voice and the actual fact that she followed me up here shows clearly that she disagrees with Leah's actions too. I told her to come in. She didn't speak at first, she just held me, in silence until the tears ran out and my face dried up.

B: I don't get it Amanda, did I do something wrong? She was following me around all night, flirting, smiling at me constantly but the second I kiss her she kisses me back and then storms out. I'm confused.

A: I know darling, I'm confused too. She looked like she was enjoying herself and she wouldn't have kissed you back if she didn't want to, leave it with me and let me speak to her about everything.

Amanda smiles at me as if to show that I can trust her to find out what's happened. She gets up and gestures toward the door as if she is going to leave. 

B: Just one more thing Amanda

I hold the letter that I'd written in the hospital in her direction and tell her that once she feels like Leah deserves to read it, give it to her. And with that, Amanda left and I took myself to bed at 10 pm in the middle of a party. But all I can think about is Leah, I hope tomorrow is better.

Amanda POV

Walking away from Bella was heartbreaking. But the thought that my baby girl, my Leah has caused that made me shiver. I never expected to develop such a bond with a girl Leah is involved with but Bella brings out my motherly protectiveness. She never talks about her mum, and I won't ever pry but I just make sure I am there, incase she needs someone. I know when I walk out of this front door, Leah will be waiting in the car. I don't even want to face her right now.

I get into the driver's seat and begin the drive home, I had no idea prior to this evening that we'd be the two leaving early.

L: What took you so long?

Is this girl joking with me right now? I love my children with all of my heart but this girl did not just ask me that. Surely not. 

A: Really Leah? I was sorting your mess out as usual. 

This is where the silent treatment began. But now she's lit the fuse and I'm angry so she's going to sit and listen to me and I'm not stopping the car until I am done. 

A: Since the first time you met Bella, you loved her Leah. You always spoke about her, what she had said or done controlled your moods. When she joined Arsenal you got hooked on her again. When you had the accident she was at the hospital every day, she never once didn't stay the night and she was there more than I was in all fairness. So the way you have treated her tonight, kissing her back and then running off is disgusting. After the whole party she threw you, just to help your good memories come back, that is how you repay her? By leaving her hysterically crying on her bedroom floor? Good one Leah it wouldn't surprise me if you have lost her forever.

Rant over. I feel a lot calmer after that. Leah continued with the silent treatment though but I didn't care, I had got that off my chest. 

We arrived home and Leah disappeared into her room. I pulled the letter out of my bag and put it on the kitchen side so that Miss Moody would see it when she pulls herself out of bed guilty in the morning.

Leah POV

Hitting my bed in my childhood room was exactly what I had longed for since I walked out of Bella's tonight. Listening to everything my mum said in the car was hard, but I also know that if she is saying it that it was true. But what nobody knows is the reason that I walked out. My mum didn't bother to ask me why she just drilled straight into me because of how Bella reacted. I'm kind of glad that she didn't ask because I want to explain myself to Bella before anyone else. 

Bella POV

I can't sleep. It's 2 am and I have woken up as if it's the morning. I decide that the best thing to do is go downstairs, make a brew, and try to soothe myself back to sleep. I made my cup of tea and was only downstairs for around 5 minutes. However, in that time I had also received 10 missed calls from a certain blonde that humiliated me tonight. I chose not to call her. If what she needs to say is that important I'm sure she'll call again. And you guessed it, 5 minutes later my phone begins buzzing again.

B: Hello

L: Bella I need to explain please don't end the phone.

B: Leah speak quickly, you're lucky I've even answered after what you pulled earlier.

L: I know I'm an idiot just listen.

I hold the silence and Leah begins to explain.

L: I'm sorry that I kissed you and ran out. I'm sorry that you got upset afterward. I'm sorry that I acted one way all night and then switched up.

B: Apologising isn't an explanation.

I had to cut in, her apologising constantly was starting to give me the ick I just want this explanation. 

L: When you kissed me and I kissed you back, all of these pictures came into my mind. I remember everything, Bella. I didn't know how to react afterward so I just ran away. 

B: YOU WHAT???