15

Waking up I was even more confused about the night before. What did Leah mean? What was she hiding? It's going to eat me up but I can't mention it or she'll know I lied about being asleep. On that note I really should stop doing that.

Leah was still snoring away. I felt like suffocating her at some points, she is the loudest snorer I have ever heard. That's one of the main reasons I always try to sleep first.

It's been an hour and she's still not awake. I need to speak to Beth, this needs to be sorted. I squeeze out of the bed making sure I don't wake Leah up, messaging Beth to meet me in her room alone as I was manoeuvring. She responded straight away saying she was already in there alone and Katie had gone out already.

Getting into the room made the tension I knew I was close to realising much stronger. I was fighting back the tears before I even spoke. When Ella wasn't around Beth was like my bestfriend, I fell so lucky to have both of the girls in my life.

Beth: So Bels what's up?
Bella: I was half asleep last night when Leah started speaking to me again, of course in Bella nature I pretended I was asleep
Beth: Bels you gotta stop doing that

She was laughing when she was speaking but she looked at me and saw how serious I was and she must have realised I was about to tell her some important information.

Beth: I'm sorry carry on
Bella: So she basically snuck into my bed and wrapped her arms around me and starting saying that she wants to enjoy one night with me because she needs to tell me something that will make me hate her basically. Not in those exact words but summed up that's it.

The look on Beth's face was a mixture of disgust, shock and pure confusion. I could tell straight away that this was one of the few things that Leah hadn't confided in her about.

Beth: Bella I don't know what to say I am truly shocked. What could be so bad that you would hate her for it?
Bella: I don't know, I just feel sick to my stomach. I finally let her in and already she has done something and now she thinks I'm going to hate her for it. It must be bad
Beth: Think of it this way, we need to get it out of her before we go back into Arsenal training. That is 6 days to sort this all out. I will help you, I'll talk to her but you need to be honest with her that her heard what she said last night. Put her on the spot Bels. We all know you love to do that, not in these circumstances maybe but use your strengths to your advantage to get the truth.
Bella: You're right Beth, I love you so much
Beth: I love you too and if what she has done is bad then I will be making sure that I deal with her personally.
Bella: If she's done something bad, between your reaction and Ella's she's gonna want to start running before I can even reply after she tells me.

That comment made us both laugh but we were all of a sudden interrupted by a tall athletic blonde standing in the doorway. She looks so perfect when she wakes up. No Bella stop it. You're mad at her right now and probably still will be after the conversation if it's as bad as she made it out to be.

Bella: Morning Leah
Leah: Morning Bels
Bella: Please don't 'Bels' me right now, I need a word. Like now, it's important.

Leah holds her arm out as if to say lead the way towards my room. Beth gives me a reassuring nod as I walk out of the room. It's now or never.

Sitting on the bed first I pat the other side for Leah to come and sit down. She's shaking and looks like she's nervous as hell. Eye contact is non existent which is unusual for us. She just sits down, tense and stares at the floor. I know she won't speak first so I guess I'll just have to.

Bella: Leah I'm going to get straight to the point. I heard what you said last night, about needing to tell me something. So just get it out there. No playing around.
Leah: If you heard what I said why didn't you question me last night?
Bella: Since I got here you have been my comfort blanket Leah, you've made me feel safe and welcome and like I can trust you. When you have just told me that you need to tell me something that is going to shatter that, why would I reply? I was enjoying your company, preparing for how bad what you're about to tell me will be.

I could feel the tears. I know me and Leah aren't in a relationship or haven't even discussed how we feel about each other but if what she says is bad it's gonna hurt my heart, deeply.

Leah: I don't even know how to say this Bels, but before I begin I just want you to know that I am sorry. With my whole heart. I should have told you sooner.
Bella: What is it Leah?
Leah: There is someone else.