8

I heard the voice. I know the voice but yet I keep my eyes on Leah, scared to turn around. I know she will make this a big deal. Do I turn? Oh you only live once Bella turn around.

Slowly rotating and maintaining eye contact with the concrete, I can see shoes and it's time to face the music. I'm just going to act surprised.

"Hey Luce, you're early for once. Are you okay"

Silence. Awkward silence.

Bella: Okay then I guess it's 5 minutes in and you're already not speaking to me

Silence again. I've had enough this time. I walk to the boot and Leah gets my bags out and puts them on the pavement. The eye contact even between me and Leah has become awkward I don't like this at all.

Leah- Are we going Bella? Or just gonna stand here for the rest of camp?
Bella- I'm getting nothing Le let's just go. I told you she'd be like this
Leah- Don't stress, I've got your bags let's go find Sarina and Beth

We began walking away, Leah being a star and carrying my kit bag so all I had to carry is my boots. We got 30 seconds away when the girl herself decided to speak finally.

Lucy- Is this really how it's going to be Bels?

Once again I have to turn around, this time telling Leah to walk on and I'll meet her in there. This is something I need to do alone.

Lucy- Can we sit in my car for 5 and have a word Bels?

She looks sad. It hurts me to see her upset even if she isn't treating me right right now. I walk in front of her towards the car, everything feels so strange. Usually when we have been apart Lucy can't keep away from me. This time, she is distant. Almost as if she is social distancing from me. We get to the car and both get in. There is an eerie silence for the first couple of minutes before Lucy finally spoke.

The conversation was short but definitely not sweet. It consisted basically of Lucy telling me that my friendship with Leah is weird and that she didn't want to have to come and see me and see me and Leah like that. Which I don't understand because if she can be close to her friends why cant I be close to mine. I would understand if she knew the whole story, but she doesn't so why is she being so strange about it. She started being nice half way through throwing the whole "I've missed you" and "I'm happy to see you and spend time with you again" but I don't buy any of it. There's something bigger going on.

Fast forward about half an hour. I've just found Leah and Beth and we're all going towards the meeting room to have our welcome meeting with Sarina. I know the expression that on my face and I know what my reaction to any form of communication will be. I am the definition of a resting bitch face.

The meeting goes well, I have ignored the girls and I know they've realised. Sarina gave us our room allocations and of course I'm with Beth and Leah. Lucy didn't seem to happy about that but she can get away from me after what she tried saying to me today.

Walking out of the meeting room was a breath of fresh air. Being cooped up in a room with Leah and Lucy was driving me insane. All that's circling my head was Leah's declaration of love whilst I was "asleep" and Lucy's declaration of how wrong my friendship is. I don't want to speak to either of them right now. I need Beth. She'll know what to do.

Leah leads the way to our room and me and Beth walk just slightly behind her. I decide to text her whilst we walk so that nobody can hear.

Bella- Beth, don't say anything
out loud I need to speak to you
ASAP it can't wait and it's very
important xx

Beth- Okay girl, let's drop our bags
off and as soon as there's an opening
to leave the room, we'll go xx

Just like Beth said, when Leah went to the toilet we saw our opportunity and left the room. Beth text Leah to say we are just popping out so she wouldn't assume the worst as she always does.

Downstairs it's just me and Beth. Finally I can breathe. My heart rate has been sky high since Lucy called me out and I just need to vent and have another opinion.

Beth: So Bels what's up?
Bella: Beth this going to be a lot and if you don't want to hear it then just tell me now because I don't think you're ready or expecting what I'm about to say.
Beth: Bels I'm here for you always. Vent it. I'll try to keep up and don't shock me too much I'll have a heart attack.

We both laughed but Beth could see the seriousness on my face and sits up straight knowing that what I'm about to tell her is important.

Bella: So I have two people to speak about 1 being Leah and the other being Lucy.
Beth: I had an idea it may be along those lines.
Bella: I don't know what to do Beth. I've been hiding something from Leah. We had our chat the other day and she told me that she's happy for me and Lucy. And that as long as we were friends she was more than happy.
Beth: Yeah she told me about that
Bella: But then she came into my room and I wasn't asleep but I pretended I was. She doesn't know I heard this. She was basically saying that she wishes she could be the reason I'm smiling and she'll be forever waiting for the day she can be with me and show me fairy tales do exist.

Beth is looking at me with her mouth open.

Beth: I. Am. Shocked. I'm her best friend and even I didn't know that's how she felt. Carry on I need to hear more.
Bella: When we arrived to camp today, she made me stay in the car and she came around opened my door and held my hand so I got out the car. It was like a movie Beth. We were in a bubble and I didn't even know how to explain the tension. But just my luck and I was about to give Leah a hug to say thank you all I heard was "Bella? what's going on here?" Of course it was Lucy. I didn't even know what to do. I spoke to her and she ignored me completely.
Beth: I am honestly shocked at what I am hearing. If you didn't hug Leah why is Lucy making a scene out of it? It's not that deep for her to help you out of the car.
Bella: I know. So after she decided she wasn't speaking to me, Leah offered to carry my bags and we were coming to find you but then she spoke and Leah left. We sat in her car and she started going in on me about how mine and Leah's friendship is weird and all this. But then she switched up and started telling me she missed me and she's happy to be around me again. This is my first call up and I don't want Lucy and her drama to ruin it for me. There's something bigger going on with her and it's just making me think...

Beth stopped me before I could carry on as if she knew what was about to come out of my mouth. My words froze but in my mind I was repeating it over and over again. "Leah is treating me so right and Lucy is treating me so wrong" on replay. I can't get my head around it at this point.

Beth: I think you need to have a big think. I know you have something for Leah, it's obvious when you're near her you glow. Your eyes light up and your smile gets a bit bigger. I also know she has something for you. I haven't really seen you and Luce together but you need to sort that out. I know you love her and she loves you but you're right to think something bigger is going on because what you have said isn't like Lucy at all. Just try and relax. We are going out tonight and you need to try and enjoy it. Observe and don't react. I've got you always and I'll be next to you if you need me.

Throwing my arms around Beth is such a relief everything she has said is right. It's always me and it's always St George's Park where I'm tested. And come to think of it it's girls with L names that entice me in and trap me in their web.

I don't know what I'm going to do but with alcohol involved, anything is possible. Pray for me.

Author:
This has been a bit of a longer chapter. Let me know your opinion and if you want more longer ones.
What does everyone want for Bella? Leah or Lucy? Drama or extra drama?
Keep the ideas in the comments coming so that I can continue this story including your guys ideas too.
Thank you to everyone for interacting with views, votes and comments.
I should be able to get another chapter out tonight or early hours of tomorrow morning!
I appreciate you all <3