7

The game had finished and in comparison to the nervous morning mood, I was now on top of the world and so were the rest of the team. Jonas congratulated us all multiple times on "how well" we performed and these compliments from him were exhilarating especially because Sarina must have had good impressions too. But I'll have to wait to find that one out won't I.

Leah- Want a lift home?

I heard from across the car park. I looked over to see this tall, blonde goof ball stood grinning like a Cheshire Cat meaning she was taking me home whether I liked it or not. I got in the car and Leah connected her phone and put some old bangers on straight away getting us both singing.

Leah- So do you think you'll get the call up?
Bella- I hope so, but with the transfer still being fresh I won't be expecting it
Leah- After a performance like that today? She will be in contact trust me. That's coming from your captain
Bella- Thank you Le, I'd feel weird being there I think like actually as a part of the squad.
Leah- You'd have me and Beth remember Bels we got you through anything and any mood that you might be in. It's nothing we're not used to

We both laughed and fell into a comfortable silence. I liked that Leah enjoyed it as much as I do. There is nothing better than being in someone's company in a comfortable silence.

We got home and Bath had already cooked a house favourite Chorizo pasta. After dinner was finished and we all chipped in to tidy the kitchen we decided to watch a film. Note to self never let Leah choose the film again. We ended up watching The Notebook.

Just as the closing title appeared on the screen Leah's phone started to ring. I side eyed her screen and saw "Sarina". That was it. Instant nerves. Leah was responding mainly with one word, blunt answers which caused me and Beth to look at each other strangely. I heard the end of call beeps and Leah put her phone down, smile growing contagiously across her cheeks.

Beth- Soooo?
Leah- Don't question your captain as it is she that holds the news

Everyone laughed and mocked Leah for the way she was referring to herself when speaking.

Bella- Come on madam what's your news?
Leah- Sarina wanted me to offer you two a spot on the England camp. She said seeing as we're all living together that I should tell you and then just message her your decision.

Straight away Beth and I whipped our phones out and sent the thank you and we accept message to Sarina. Katie looked very down in the dumps which I hated, she was usually such a positive person with this illuminating spark. But this evening her vibe was off.

Bella- Katie what's up? Why the long face?
Katie- I'm just gonna miss you guys thats all. I'll be alone here for 2 weeks
Leah- We aren't dying Kate, just need to get this cup out of the way so I can focus more on the big prize... The World Cup.

Time flew and it was time to go up to bed, I hugged the girls goodnight and Katie gestured that she won't be upstairs yet. I needed to get some sleep, Leah's speech from that night was circling around my brain but I vowed never to bring it up to her because I don't know how to react in that situation nor how to have a conversation about feelings without it turning into an argument so I chose silence.

The next few days flew past, everyone that was called up was excited. The girls that didn't have a tournament were quite upset but they had all already agreed they were going to travel to the stadiums to watch us. We had no game this weekend and would be travelling to St George's Park on Monday morning to begin training for the upcoming three matches.

Italy, Belgium and South Korea weren't easy opponents but we were a world class squad so nobody doubted the chance we have to complete another trophy and make our country proud.

Before I even knew it Monday rolled around. I woke up at 7.03am and we had to leave at 8am. There was a knock at the door just as I got out of the shower.

"Come in" I shouted still unsure with of the three girls were on their way in.

Leah- Oh hi you, you okay to come in the car with me and Beth will go on her own?
Bella- Yes of course Le I'll be ready soon okay?

Leah didn't reply, her eyes just kept moving up and down my body.

Bella- Take a picture if you want, it might last longer.

A redness took over Leah's face clearly indicating that she was embarrassed that I had just caught her staring at me, she shouldn't be embarrassed though. It's not like it hasn't happened before.

I was finally ready to leave, grabbing my bags and dragging them downstairs to find Leah casually on the sofa.

Leah- Come on then Bels let's get this show on the road.
Bella- Let's goooo
Leah- Let's have a good camp, good times and make some goddamn memories
Bella- I can't wait for all of that too, I just hope lucy doesn't make me feel awkward. We haven't seen each other in months, what if things have changed?

I worried about Lucy the whole way there but Leah did her best to continually reassure me whenever she saw me deep in thought.

Arriving at the training ground is an immense feeling of self confidence and self esteem. Like a chauffeur, Leah exited the drivers side of the car. Slowly walked around the frame before opening my door and taking my hand to assist my extraction from the car but just as I was about to give Leah a hug to say thank you a familiar voice shouted across the car park.

"Bella? What is going on here"

Authors Note:
Thank you for the ongoing support through reading, following and voting for these chapters. I promise that the updates will become more regular once I have settled into my new house.
Keep commenting ideas, feedback anything else or message me privately.