029. IT CUTS RIGHT THROUGH TO THE HEART

Chapter twenty nine

"It cuts right through to the heart." 

The next morning, Caroline and Athena walked out the front door, Caroline huffed "you still never told me why you came home crying the other night?" she asked her "it doesn't matter." Athena told her, locking the front door "of course it matters." Caroline told her, as Athena turned around to walk to the car, she stopped seeing Tyler standing there and as she did, Caroline furrowed her brows, turning around and seeing him, she knew why her sister froze "hey." she told him, chuckling, she walked forward, as Athena followed hr like everything was normal "how's it goin?" Caroline asked him.

"We need to talk." Tyler told her "yeah, we do." Caroline told him, as she walked down the steps, Athena nodded "I'm gonna go wait in the car." she shared, walking down the steps, Caroline handed her the car key's as she walked around her and Tyler "I've been thinking about it and I don't wanna over analyze. Yeah, it was just one kiss but Matt's still kinda in the picture. We can't go there, Tyler." Caroline told him, as Athena made it to the car, she unlocked it "fine." Tyler told her "great. That's settled." Caroline told him, walking around him and toward's her sister, Athena put her hand on the handle.

"What happened to my uncle Mason?" Tyler asked and when he did, Caroline stopped staring at Athena with wide eyes as she gripped the handle tight, she then turned to Tyler to keep her sister calm "what?" she asked him "he's dead. And I want you to tell me what happened." Tyler shared, walking over to her, he stopped in front of her "uh, Tyler, I don't.." Caroline told him "then let me tell you. Stefan and his brother Damon killed him. Because Stefan and Damon are vampires..just like you." Tyler shared, as Caroline turned to her sister then back to Tyler "who told you that?" she asked him.

"Is it true?" Tyler asked her "let me explain." Caroline told him as she raised her brows "did you know he was dead the whole time?" Tyler asked her, as Athena took her hand off the door handle and gripped the car keys "please." Caroline told him "did you know?" Tyler asked her, Caroline nodded, as Tyler then put his hands on her, he shoved her into the car, but Athena turned to him and stabbed him in the neck with Caroline's car keys not enough to kill him but enough to hurt as he let go of her sister, she pulled the car keys out of his neck and then kicked him away from her.

He flew across the lawn, as he landed on the grass, he brought his hand up to his neck, and looked at her with wide eyes, as Athena stepped toward's him "get off my property wolf boy before a stab in the neck is the least of your problems." she shared, staring him down, Caroline stepped toward's her "Athena?" she asked, as Tyler pushed himself up and turned running off, Athena looked down at her hand and noticed the blood on the car keys along with her hand as she turned walking back inside, Caroline's jaw dropped as she turned following after her.

Although when they got back inside, Caroline had texted Stefan and because she did, Athena then headed out of there as fast as possible, where Caroline was left on her own as Stefan knocked on the door she answered it "what's wrong?" Stefan asked her as he walked in "Tyler knows about you and Damon." Caroline shared, shutting the door "he knows that Damon killed Mason. I didn't say a word." she told him "it's that women, Jules. She had a run in with Damon." Stefan shared, as Caroline sighed "Tyler was so upset. The look on his face he was so betrayed." Caroline shared, walking past him.

"Wow. This is bad." Stefan said, as Caroline turned to him "you're not gonna tell Damon, are you?" she asked him "no, he wants to kill, he thinks all werewolves should die" Stefan shared "well.." Caroline told him, wanting to talk about her sister as Stefan interrupted her "and he's not wrong to think that, Caroline. I mean, what if Tyler tries to retaliate? He has every right to. He can get himself killed." Stefan shared, and when he did, Caroline raised her brows wondering if her sister was safe "well, we're not gonna let that happen. We have to get to him and reason with him before he does something stupid. You have to talk to him. Just try to explain, you know, you always know the right thing to say. Okay, he and I..we're friends." she shared.