074. YOU BELONG TO ME

Chapter seventy four

"You belong to me." 

It had been eight or nine days since then, and Damon and Stefan had still been trying to get the cure for her, all whilst making sure Elena didn't start killing anyone or go after Athena to kill her, seeing as even in her no humanity spiral she seemed to be her number one target, which was why that night, Stefan had walked up to her house, in a suit for prom but as he did, he heard Caroline and Athena "what do you mean you can't go? Your making me go!" Athena voiced "yeah, because you need to get out of the house! I'm not going cause Elena stole my dress so I have go find a new one! So while I do that your gonna go with Bonnie and Matt!" Caroline voiced.

As Stefan knocked on the door, Caroline huffed as she turned walking down the hallway and as she did, she noticed Stefan standing at the door, as she opened it, she turned around "Athena the doors for you!" she voiced, turning around "good luck." she told him, as she stepped around him and began walking off, Stefan turned watching her go, but as he did, he heard the sound of heals "I told you I'm not going." Athena said, as Stefan turned back around, he saw her standing there, as her hair was curled, she was wearing the same white dress she wore the night of the ball, he was staring at her remembering what happened that night between them.

Athena was staring at him and seeing him in a suit wearing this dress was bringing the same memories back to her as she walked toward's him "did she know you were coming?" she asked him "no, no, I figured she wouldn't be able to keep it a secret if I did." Stefan shared, as Athena chuckled "yeah, usually when it comes to secrets she either shares them or thinks your a freak. And unlucky for me, I've fallen into both categories." she shared "and seeing as last time you were hellbent on me leaving you alone. Will you do me the honor in allowing me to take you to prom?" Stefan asked her, holding his arm out to her, Athena sighed "if this ends badly.." she told him "I'll find you." Stefan told her, and when he did, Athena couldn't help but feel something for him, as she brought her arm up and linked it with his as the two walked out of the house.

Making it to prom, the two were mostly sitting down, as they watched everyone else dancing, Athena kept looking around them for Silas "you wanna get something to drink?" Stefan asked her, but when he did, Athena didn't even acknowledge him "you wanna go outside get some air?" Stefan asked her, but again Athena didn't say anything, where as Stefan heard the song start to change to a slow one, he stood up "alright." he said, as Athena looked up at him "alright, what?" she asked him "your gonna dance with me." Stefan told her, leaning down, he took her hand and pulled her out of her seat and began dragging her to the dance floor.

The two found their spot, as Stefan let go of her hand, he turned around and pulled her close to him.

"All along it was a fever."

"Last time I checked you didn't like dancing." Athena told him, as the two began to sway back and forth "no, I danced with you at that party Caroline threw way back when. And I had watched you dance with Damon at the decade dance and all the moves he showed you. Then even with my humanity off I chose to get up and onto the dance floor at the country bar and dance with you, remember that?" Stefan asked her, as Athena stared at him, the two continued to dance.

"A cold sweat, hot headed believer

I threw my hands in the air, and said, "Show me something"
He said, "If you dare, come a little closer"
'Round and around and around and around we go
Oh, now tell me now, tell me now, tell me now you knowNot really sure how to feel about it
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you

It takes me all the way
I want you to stay."