013. OUR DREAMS CAN HAUNT US

Chapter thirteen

"Our dreams can haunt us." 

It had been a few days, yet every night, Athena had been having this same dream, where these two people break into the Salvatore boarding house through the window, where a man tackles Stefan and stabs him in the chest and then before she could ever see what else happens, the dream changes and as she's standing in the woods in the pouring rain to the point where she could barley see in front of her, and Stefan's there and she's calling out to him, screaming his name and yet he doesn't look to her and get's stabbed again.

And from how Stefan reacted about her dying the other day, Athena hadn't told him about it, as she even walked to school, as she was grabbing thing's from her locker, she shut it as Caroline was standing there "I need you help." she told her, making Athena almost have a heart attack "why'd you do that?" she asked her "sorry. But I know thing's have been awkward between us but I need you assistance." Caroline shared "with what exactly?" Athena asked, turning to walk down the hallway.

Caroline followed her "well me and Matt have been having some trouble in our relationship so I thought maybe going out on a double date with Elena and Stefan would help us do something other then hanging out at home with his mom who totally hates me. But then I realized that I have this problem with moving past Elena and Matt's relationship so I thought maybe if you tagged along then maybe you can help watch the date and keep it in check." she shared, as Athena furrowed her brows "so you not only want me to third wheel but you also want me to fifth wheel?" she asked.

"Yes! And I mean it's not like you have to sit with us or hang out with us, you just have to be nearby to help me with the awkwardness." Caroline shared, as Athena raised her brows"and I'm assuming i don't get to say.." she was saying "no! You can't say no! Which means your coming!" Caroline voiced, walking faster down the hallway, leaving Athena behind, where she didn't know if being around Stefan with the dreams she was having was a good or a bad thing, as she took a deep breath and headed off to class.

During the date, they had gone to the grill, as Matt, Caroline, Elena and Stefan sat in a booth in front of her, which meant Athena was facing Stefan all night and every time she looked at him, she thought back to those dreams, she had been having so she kept her head down "so, uh, Matt, how do you like working here?" Elena asked him "um, it's not that bad. Wait staff tips out pretty good. You know, they can't keep a bartender to save their lives. I, uh, I actually put my mom up for the job." Matt shared "how's that been, having Kelly back?" Elena asked.

As Caroline turned around looking at Athena, Athena looked up at her, knowing that everything Elena was doing was making her feel more insecure "you know, same old Kelly, she's, uh, she's trying, sort of." Matt shared, as Caroline looked back "Kelly and my mom were best friends growing up. That's how Matt and I first met. We shared a crib together." Elena shared "you're kidding." Stefan said "we've known each other are whole lives." Matt shared, as they all heard glasses clink together, they turned looking at the bar, where Damon was getting hammered with aunt Jenna and Matt's mom "you've gotta be kidding me." Matt said, as Damon held his glass up smiling and drinking from it.

The four of them had then moved to play pool, as Athena was eating her dessert "well, at least they're having fun." she heard her sister say "they're drunk." Elena mentioned "remember when Elena's parents busted us here after homecoming?" Matt asked, as Caroline laughed "oh, my god, yes!" she voiced "we were wasted. It was the first time I ever got drunk. I blame Matt." Elena shared "her parents got seated at the next booth." Matt shared "oh, and Matt had me pretend that i was choking so we could get away." Elena shared, laughing "except her dad was a doctor so, he jumped up to save her." Matt shared.