046. NOT THAT FRIGHTENED LITTLE GIRL ANYMORE

Chapter forty six

"Not that frightened little girl anymore."

The next night, the plan to kill Klaus was in motion, as Athena was walking through the Salvatore boarding house into the parlor, Stefan, Elena and Damon followed after her "here's the plan, Mikael followed me and Elena in here. Planning on using us as bait." Athena shared "and you, what, vervained him?" Elena asked her, as Athena stopped turning to face them "well, I can't hurt him so that would be Stefan and Damon. And by doing so, we all discovered that he had a dagger." Athena shared "which he planned to use on Rebekah..." Elena shared "but we drove it through his heart." Stefan shared.

"And what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?" Elena asked "good point. You, my brother, have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So the idea to lure him back here and kill him, the last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue tied." Damon shared "well, don't look at me. I'm just in charge of getting him back here." Stefan shared "Klaus is smart, if we tell him that Mikael's dead, he'll want proof." Elena shared, as Athena raised her brows "which is why he's gonna be dead." she shared, pulling the dagger and white oak ash out of her jacket pocket.

Damon furrowed his brows "your just carrying that thing around?" he asked her, as Athena glared at him "what if he wants to see him in person?" Elena asked her "then that just means our plans actually working. Klaus is a narcissist, if he doesn't get to kill him himself he'd want to see the body. All your job is, is to lure him here, the killing him part you can leave to us." Athena shared "with what? Those daggers won't work on him." Stefan shared, as Athena hummed "I won't be divulging that information to you. Think of it as a insurance policy." she shared "against what?" Stefan asked her.

As Athena pointed the dagger at his chest "you leaving this in his heart. And seeing as a vampire can't dagger an original and I can't touch him, the responsibility falls onto you, today." she shared, turning and aiming it at Elena "maybe not hand it to her pointy side first?" Damon asked her, as Athena raised her brows "how about I stab you with it?" she asked, as Elena huffed "wait, he wants me to actually dagger him?" she asked, pulling the attention away from Damon "yes, Elena! Klaus is a vindictive psycho and will leave nothing to chance. Especially if he thinks he can trust you." Athena shared, flipping the dagger toward's her.

And soon Elena had daggered him, as her, Athena, Damon, Stefan and Rebekah all stood in the living room while Stefan called Klaus "Portland is fantastic. Once you get over all the whiny music and healthy looking people. It's literally a breeding ground for werewolves." Klaus shared "your father's dead." Stefan told him "what'd you say to me?" Klaus asked "oh, my mistake. Not your actual father..and not dead. Mikael. Daggered." Stefan shared, as he turned looking at Mikael's daggered body "what do you want me to do with the body?" he asked "well, first, I want you to explain to me exactly what happened." Klaus shared, and then Stefan told him the whole fake take down they came up with.

"I want to see him. I want to see his rotting body for myself." Klaus shared "well, he's here." Stefan shared, as he stood up from the chair and walked over to Mikael "come by whenever." he told him "if you're lying to me, Stefan your compulsion will expose you. So answer with your life. Is what you're saying the truth?" Klaus asked "it's true. I saw it with my own eyes." Stefan shared "I want to talk to Rebekah." Klaus shared, as Stefan looked at them all "that's not a problem. She's right here." he shared, turning around, he walked up to Rebekah and handed her the phone.

Rebekah put the phone to her ear "hello, Nik." she told him "Rebekah, love. What's this I hear about Mikael's tragic run in with a dagger?" Klaus asked "it's true. He's finally out of our lives for good. I miss you. I'm miserable here." Rebekah shared "I'll be home soon." Klaus told her "good. I'll see you then, brother." Rebekah shared, as she hung up, holding the phone out to Stefan "he bought it. He's coming home." she told them as she turned walking off.