049. OH, IT'S SUCH A SHAME FOR US TO PART

Chapter forty nine

"Oh, it's such a shame for us to part." 

Athena had woken up to a text from Bonnie asking for her to find information from her mom about her birth mother, which was why Athena was walking up the porch steps of Elena's house with a file in hand as she opened the front door "the coffins spelled shut. Which makes it a witch problem. So it falls on me. I was bound to see my mother sooner or later." Bonnie shared, as Athena shut the door, walking over to her and Elena "well, it seems this weeks just full of parents coming back into the picture because I found your mom. But luckily for us she's a whole lot closer as in Abby Bennett Wilson, living in Monroe, North Carolina. Born in mystic falls, graduated from mystic falls high." Athena shared.

As Bonnie and Elena stood up, Bonnie took the file and looked at it with furrowed brows "this is her." she told her "yep, and I'm pretty sure I saw Damon's car coming down the road on my way here so I suggest we leave now before anyone with sharp fangs could follow us." Athena shared "wait, your coming?" Elena asked her as she began collecting the files, Bonnie sighed "Athena's the only other person who knows what it's like having never seen your parents in years. I thought she could be of help." she shared, putting the file of her mom down on the table on top of the rest of them.

The three then walked to the front door, heading out and as they did, Damon was on the walkway "ooh, we going on a roadtrip? Cause I call shotgun." he shared, looking at Athena "yeah, no." Elena told him "you want me to hangout in the back with you?" Damon asked, looking to Elena "you're not coming, Damon." Elena told him "why?" Damon asked "okay, Damon, look. Bonnie hasn't seen her mom in over fifteen years. We don't need your snarky commentary narrating the experience." Elena shared, as she walked down the steps, Damon stepped in her way and smirked at her.

In which Bonnie and Athena furrowed their brows "what's going on with you two?" Bonnie asked, as Damon turned to them "we kissed. Now it's weird." he shared, as Athena's eyes went wide "you what?" she asked, as Damon looked back at Elena "have a great trip." he told her, as he walked back down to his car, leaving the three standing there, Athena scoffed "I'm so not sitting in the back." she shared, walking down the steps, Bonnie followed after her, as Elena turned following them.

Driving down the road, Athena was in the passenger seat while Bonnie was driving, Elena was in the back "I just can't believe I'm actually gonna see her. Or meet her, sort of since I don't really remember her." Bonnie shared "you don't really talk about her." Elena shared "what's to say? She left. Never wrote, never called. Not even when my grams died." Bonnie shared "maybe she had a reason, I mean my mom thought my dad wasn't calling because he died or didn't care anymore but meanwhile he was magically daggered in a box my whole life which I guess in a way means he was dead." Athena shared.

As she furrowed her brows "but how about we talk about the whole, you and Damon thing?" she asked "yes." Bonnie stated "I'm not talking about." Elena told them, as Bonnie and Athena looked to each other, raising their brows, Elena sighed "he kissed me. It's not gonna happen again." she shared, as Bonnie and Athena looked back at the road "I mean..was it good?" Bonnie asked "it doesn't matter." Elena told her, as Bonnie leaned toward's Athena "that means it was." she told her, making Athena laugh, but as she did, Bonnie's phone began ringing as she picked it up from the middle console "it's Stefan. I told him I'd call him as soon as i got the address."she shared.

"Ignore." Elena told her, as Athena noticed Bonnie's face "Bonnie you're about to see your mom for the first time in fifteen years. I'm not letting anyone ruin that moment." Elena shared "yeah, but he's gonna keep at it until I pick up." Bonnie shared, as Athena snatched the phone from her and answered it "Bennett witch phone services? How may we be of assistance?" she asked, and when she did, she could hear Stefan's breath on the other end stop, as he soon cleared his throat "where are you?" he asked, not even acknowledging that it was her "um..I'm not exactly good at geography, but by loooking at my window we're passing a lot of green tree's." Athena shared.