060. LET ME TELL YOU A STORY

Chapter sixty

"Let me tell you a story."

Stefan and Athena were in the parlor as Damon kept bringing in all this stuff, as Stefan held one of the stakes in hand "so what is all of this?" he asked, as Damon came walking back in with another box "some personal items that I snaked from the vampire hunters RV. May he rest in peace." he shared, putting the box down "I'm searching for a supernatural handbook." Damon shared, as Athena chuckled "well since he's dead, I can tell you now that he knew nothing. Thought I would hold all the answers, but I had no idea who this guy was. So you're not gonna find a handbook Damon." she informed him.

"Well, the guy magically appears after someone blows up the entire founders council. He's covered in a tattoo that only you and Jermey Gilbert can see. Klaus mentioned something about him being one of the five." Damon shared, as Athena and Stefan furrowed their brows "and he kamikazes himself with explosives." Damon mentioned "what's the five?" Stefan asked him "and also if Klaus was there and seemed to know so much about him. How do you know he died?" Athena asked, as Damon's phone rang and he answered it "Liz Forbes, my favorite sheriff." he said, as he then stopped moving, looking at Athena "what? That's..concerning. Keep me posted." he shared, hanging up.

"Hmm, let me guess, no hunter body parts to be found in the explosion?" Athena asked him "yes." Damon told her "so Connor's still out there." Stefan shared, looking to Athena "apparently so. I'm gonna need you two get on this today. I have to take Elena to college." Damon shared "I'm sorry, you have to do what exactly?" Stefan asked him, as he raised his brows "I'm teaching her how to feed. She needs to learn snatch, eat, erase now more then ever." Damon shared, as Athena furrowed her brows, looking from him to Stefan "I'm missing something." she realized.

"I had Elena feed on my blood. Neither of us told Stefan about it. Now me and him are in a fight." Damon shared "no. You're in a fight. I'm not in a fight. I'm over it. I've been over it." Stefan shared, as Athena furrowed her brows "but I don't get.." she shared "blood sharing's a personal thing." Damon shared, as he looked to Stefan "but you never told her that." he told him, smirking, he turned around and began walking off.

And as he did, Athena raised her brows "little does he know it's a whole lot more then that between us." she shared, remembering their conversation last night, Stefan looked down at her, and as he did, Athena sighed "I'm gonna go talk to Klaus." she told him, turning around and walking around him, Stefan furrowed his brows "what? No, no, no.." he told her, as he turned grabbing her arm, Athena turned to him "Stefan, if he was the hunter he's probably torturing him and if according to Damon he actually exploded himself then he clearly isn't one for words to people he doesn't trust." she informed.

"Yes, and he trusts you, which means like always you going there is exactly what Klaus wants and he'll use you to get information out of him and in the end neither of you will tell him anything." Stefan shared, making Athena chuckle "Stefan, I'm not gonna just gonna stand here doing nothing while your out at hunter defense class with Elena." she shared "then I'll skip hunter defenseless class and me and you can go together." Stefan shared, letting go of her arm, he stepped closer to her, as Athena brought her hand up, putting it on his chest, stopping him from coming any closer "no. With everything going on teaching Elena how to defend herself is a necessity, so I'll compromise with you." she shared.

"Compromise?" Stefan asked her "yeah, where I won't go inside the house and just walk around the outside of it and figure out if he even has the hunter and if he does i'll let you know and wait for you to show up before I move in." Athena shared, as she began backing away from him, keeping her eyes on him, Stefan let out a breath as he looked down, shaking his head "no, I don't.." he was saying, but as he looked back up, she was gone "Athena?" he asked, walking out of the parlor, he headed down the hallway, only to find the front door open, he sighed, realizing the compromise was just a way of distracting him so she could sneak away.