015. WHEN THING'S BECOME TOO MUCH

Chapter fifteen

"When thing's become too much."

It had been a few days, and Athena and Stefan hadn't spoken to each other since, as Athena was standing in the garage where her family had a make shift gym, she was punching and kicking the punching bag in there, and when she was done, she turned jumping up and doing pull up's on the bar, and when she was done with those, she flipped off of it and landed, in a handstand and as she did, she began doing push up's, she then stopped, keeping herself stable, she brought her right arm up, and before she had been wobbling after getting back on her workout routine but now she was able to do it without shaking, as she huffed, flipping down onto her own two feet, and turning heading back into the house.

And with her sister having headed to her dad's seeing as the day that she was kidnapped, her sister ended up stuck in the woods and ended up finding the body of Vicki Donovan which was the worst thing that could've possibly happened on top of everything else going on, as she headed with her mom to the council meeting, as she stood with everyone else "the coroners office has officially ruled Vicki Donovans death a drug overdose. The truth will stay in this room and we can put this behind us." her mom shared, as Damon walked in, he saw Athena and he was surprised to see her out and about after everything she'd endured, as he stepped toward's her.

"Thank you, sheriff." Mr Lockwood shared, as he stepped forward, her mom stepped toward's her "and on to a more pressing issue. John Gilbert has asked to say a few words. Welcome back, John, it's good to see you." Mr Lockwood shared, as he shook hands with him "thank you, mayor." John told him "yeah." Mr Lockwood told him, as he turned walking off, giving John the floor "hello, everyone. It's wonderful to see you. I wish it were under better circumstances. As a founding family member, I find it's my duty to report some very distressing news." John shared.

As Damon looked to the Forbes women "he's a Gilbert?" he asked "Elena's uncle. His name's John, but me and my husband call him jackass." her mom shared, as Athena chuckled "husband?" Damon asked, knowing of no male figure in the Forbes household "a hospital blood bank in the neighboring county of Amherst has reported several break ins over the past two weeks. Seven hunters, four campers and two state employees have been reported missing as well. All of this within a seventy five mile radius of mystic falls." John shared.

"Okay..okay. No need to get alarmed right at this moment." Mr Lockwood shared, as he stepped forward "meaning he doesn't wanna cancel the founders day kick off party." her mom shared "really? Didn't catch that." Athena shared, as her and her mom laughed "you think all of your problems are over but I'm here to tell you..nothing's been solved." John shared, as Athena huffed.

The next night was the founder days kick off party, as Athena was wearing a black dress with long sleeves to hide her bite marks, her hair was down to cover the one's on her neck, Athena stood with her mother who was also wearing a dress, having a feeling Stefan would be here so she was intentionally dodging him, as Damon walked up to them "ah, you know, I love a woman in uniform but I have to side with this look. You look..you look smashing." he shared, as her mom chuckled "thank you, Damon. Hmm, cheers." she told him, as the two clinked glasses, Damon furrowed his brows "you mentioned something earlier about your husband?" he asked.

"Athena's father. He's not around much he's been off on business." her mom shared, as Athena hummed "I'm guessing this is my cue to leave." she shared, drinking her shirley temple, she turned walking off, knowing from her mother that the missing blood banks checked out, which either could've been the tomb of vampires or Stefan, which would be thanks to her since she fed him her blood.

Having found a room away from the music, Athena was sitting in there alone in front of the fire place until Jermey came in "can..can I sit?" he asked her, as Athena turned to him "yeah." she told him, as Jermey sat next to her, the two were just sitting there in silence "I, um, I heard about Vicki, Jermey, I'm sorry." Athena spoke up, as Jermey turned to her "but see that's what i don't get, no one is trying to figure out what happened to her." he shared, as Athena furrowed her brows, chuckling "what are you talking about?" she asked him "they're all willing to believe she OD." Jermey told her "because she did, what else would've happened, Jermey?" Athena asked him.