052. A CONNECTION NOBODY WOULD EVER UNDERSTAND

Chapter fifty two

"A connection nobody would ever understand." 

The next morning, Athena got a weird text from Stefan, that had told her to come by and that the door was open, as she opened the door, she didn't see him "Stefan?" she asked, shutting the door behind her, she began walking further in, as she walked to the parlor he wasn't there, as she turned around, she headed back down the hallway and down toward's the steps that lead to his room and as she headed up them, she heard tapping, where as she stepped through the door, she saw him sitting there, banging his ring against his desk and twiddling a pen in his other hand.

And she knew this look very well, having never seen it on him, but herself when it came to the blood lust as she stepped toward's him, he hadn't noticed her yet, as she reached her hands, out, she put one on each of them "Stefan." she told him, as Stefan stopped tapping, he looked to her, Athena stared back at him and when she did, she saw her Stefan "dear, diary" Damon said, as Athena pulled away from him "the chipmunk asked me my name today. I told him was Joe." Damon shared, as Stefan picked up his journal and stood up, walking around Athena "that lie will haunt me forever." Damon added on.

"What do you want?" Stefan asked him "I was hoping we could hang. You know, a little brother bonding. But I see you have other plans." Damon shared, looking to Athena as Stefan put his journal back on the shelf, he turned walking toward's Athena, Damon walked past him and to the shelf of journals, in which Athena furrowed her brows, as Stefan turned around "what are you doing?" he asked the exact question that was on Athena's mind "digging up clues. Most of the originals are gone but now we have a whodunit in town. Hey, do you remember when we came back for Zachariah's funeral?" Damon asked, as he sifted through the journals.

"Vaguely. Why?" Stefan asked him, as he turned looking at Athena "cause if memory serves he wasn't the first founders council member killed that year or even that month." Damon shared, looking over the shelf, as Stefan looked back at him "your point being?" he asked "I'm trying to remember what year it was." Damon shared "1912." Stefan told him "so much for vaguely." Damon shared, as he threw the journal from that year at Stefan who caught it "1912. Or as I like to call it..last time mystic falls has a serial killer on it's hands." Damon shared, as Athena shook her head "and you what? Plan to solve it?" she asked.

As Damon looked at her and raised his brows "I'd watch what you say, your not exactly my favorite person right now since you shish kabobed, Rick!" he voiced, as Athena's eyes went wide "and I knew he'd live! Although what I didn't know at the time until this morning was that he supposedly flipped a switch in his brain and stopped killing supernatural creatures and killing actual human beings which is why you are on this little mission of yours." she shared.

As Damon smirked at her "we didn't know you and your daddy would be effected by our little plan, so I'm sorry. But we already repaid you all by saving your lives and turning Bonnie's mom into a vampire." he shared, as the two looked from each other and to Stefan, who was reading his journal, as Damon walked toward's him "so what do you say, brother? You wanna go get drunk?" he asked him, as Stefan closed it and began tying it back up "ah. Heh. I get it. I get it. You're bored, your best friends in jail and you don't have anything to do with yourself which is why your antagonizing her." he shared.

"Well, there's that. And.." Damon shared, as he ripped the journal out of his hand "I was hoping you could help me solve a murder and seeing as the goddess of wisdom is with us, I believe you could also be of use." he shared, as Athena furrowed her brows at him "what?" she asked him "I looked you up. Wanted to know all about the goddess of Athena." Damon shared, as he smirked, he turned walking out of Stefan's room and down the stairs, Stefan watched him go and as he did, Athena stepped toward's him, reaching her hands out to touch him, wanting to know why he called her here "let's go, you two!" Damon yelled, as Athena pulled her hands away from Stefan, Stefan began walking out and as he did, Athena followed him.