034. MAKE HIM THINK HE'S WON

Chapter thirty four

"Make him think he's won."

The next morning, Athena and Elena were signing the Salvatore boarding house over to them as Damon and Stefan stood outside "both of you please sign here and here." Mr Henry shared "okay." Elena told him, taking the pen, she signed, as she then handed it over to Athena, she signed "so this place is all your's?" Bonnie asked as she was sitting across them "they just gave it you guys?" Bonnie asked "it's just temporary, you know until we deal with a certain person. So they can't just come walking in here whenever they feel like it and have to be invited in." Athena shared.

"Your own personal safe house." Bonnie shared "that's the idea." Elena told her, as the two finished signing "wouldn't want to clean it." Bonnie shared, as Athena chuckled along with Elena, the two then stood up, as they walked to the door with Mr Henry, Elena opened it, as Stefan and Damon turned seeing them "thank you, Mr Henry." Elena told him as she and Athena shook hands with him, Mr Henry walked out of the house, as Stefan and Damon stepped forward, Elena turned around walking away.

Athena stood there watching as Damon and Stefan couldn't get through the entry way "I feel kind of bad that I'm enjoying this so much." she shared, as Elena turned around "I'm sorry. I completely forgot." she shared, walking back over "Stefan. Would you like to come inside our house?" she asked him " would love to. Thank you." Stefan told her "great! All done!" Athena voiced, going to shut the door on Damon "what are we, 12?" Damon asked her, as Athena opened the door "I was wrong, I don't feel bad." she told him "Athena.." Stefan told her.

As Athena rolled her eyes "fine, you can come in. I'm leaving anyway." she shared, as Damon smirked walking inside, Athena grabbed her book bag by the front door as she stepped out "wait for us." Elena told her, as Bonnie handed Elena her stuff, Stefan looked at them "wait, where are you guys going?" he asked, as Athena spun back around "school." she told him "huh?" Stefan asked, as he furrowed his brows "no, no, no, we didn't create a safe house for you two to leave it." Damon shared "yeah, guys, Klaus is out there. We know that." Stefan told them.

"Yes, but I highly doubt he's gonna be at a high school with a whole bunch of teenagers, waiting to sacrifice us on a cafeteria lunch table, Stefan. And I know what you guys are doing, I mean Elena's parents kept me locked up in their lake house with nowhere to go, nowhere to run, learning to kill vampires so if your two geniuses idea of keeping me safe was locking me in here for the rest of my life, your funny." she told them, turning around and walking off.

Making it school, Athena had collected a lot of work that she had missed as she made it to her locker, Jermey walked up to her "whoa! You know, I tried to tell are teachers to let me take your work but they started to not believe me when I told them about all the sick days you were taking." he shared, as Athena huffed "it's fine." she told him, as she began unlocking her locker "so are you going to the decade dance tonight?" Jermey asked her, as Athena raised her brows "um, your gonna have to ask my new body guards about that one." she shared "yeah, Bonnie told me about that." Jermey told her, as he leaned against the locker next to her.

Athena saw the look on his face when he mentioned Bonnie "what's wrong?" she asked him, as Jermey pushed off the locker "you think you could take on Klaus?" he asked her "I could take on Elijah although I was.." Athena was sharing, as she opened her locker, a liquid was dumped on her, as Jermey's eyes went wide, Athena was covered in blood, breathing heavy, people were staring at them in the hallway, Stefan was pushing through the group of people, as he then saw what everyone was staring at, Jermey looked at him, Stefan over to the two, grabbing Athena, he looked at Jermey "clean this up." he told him, as Jermey nodded, Stefan dragged Athena off.