075. THE GIRL IN THE CAVE

Chapter seventy five

"The girl in the cave."

It had been days since Athena had been locked down there, where she quickly realized in the first few that talking to Silas was a waste of her time so she started a silent treatment, which he picked up on pretty quickly, where he then took her food away, although it wasn't like she was eating it at all, which at first was easy, having gone through this as a kid, but unlike then on somedays Silas never came back, he just left her there, alone, which was starting to take a tole on her.

As she began to realize now of days, if they haven't found her by now, her friends and her family were probably going out of their minds or possibly from whatever day it was, starting to realize they were never gonna find her again or that she was dead, and as she sat there alone in the cold dark cave, no matter how strong you are, you start to hallucinate.

Where one time, she thought she saw her sister Caroline, who ran in and tried to pull the chains off of her wrist and told her she was gonna get her out of there, but even with her vampire strength she couldn't get them off where from how long she stayed, Athena had even conjured up Silas in her mind as he had come up behind Caroline and ripped her heart out of her chest killing her.

But what really screwed with her mind, was when she thought Stefan was there, because Silas looked exactly like him so sometimes when she'd hallucinate him she didn't know which one was him until one day, the realization of what was happening to her hit her, as she had told him "I'm dying." and when she did, he didn't give a snarky response on how she started talking again but instead grabbed her by the face and told her if she held on a little longer, he would find her, she just had to hold onto the idea of that and how much he loved her, so she did. 

Cause seeing Stefan get hurt in front of her by Silas brought everything with her and Stefan back to the surface, so she held onto him, knowing that was the only way she was gonna make it through this. 

But a part of her knew, the part that was supposed to be the brave soldier that after this, she would never be the same again, never want to be alone again cause if she was alone, it would be like she was back here all over again.

Meanwhile, her sister Caroline was leaving the Salvatore boarding house and walking to her car and as she did, she heard a familiar scream, that made her stop in her tracks as she looked all around her "help!" Athena screamed, and as she did, Caroline's eyes went wide "Athena?" she asked, running in the direction of the voice, she headed into the woods "help me, please! I'm down here!" Athena screamed "I'm coming!" Caroline voiced, running down the hill in the woods, she stopped at the bottom, not hearing her sister anymore.

"Caroline! Caroline, I'm over here!" Athena then yelled, as Caroline heard the sound of the chains, she turned speeding off in that direction but as she did, she didn't find her, until she heard the sound of someone climbing the up the hill nearby "Caroline? Caroline, oh my god!" Athena voiced, as Caroline turned to her, she saw that Athena's dress was tattered and that the chains were still hanging around her wrist, as she ran over to her, helping her up "oh my gosh, your..your okay? How..how did you escape?" she asked her.

"Silas may be evil but I wasn't afraid of him, not like how I'm afraid of you. Although I guess you are afraid of yourself too, seeing as you know both me and mom just can't wait till you out of town so we can stop pretending like you becoming a vampire didn't ruin our lives." Athena shared, and when she did, Caroline furrowed her brows "how do you know what Elena said to me in that cell?" she asked, as Athena wrapped the chains on her hands around her neck "because I'm not your little sister, but I'm sure after what I've done to her, what I'm gonna do to you if your friend Bonnie doesn't out of hiding will be just as torturous. So where is she?" Silas asked her.

"Silas. Where's my sister, you psycho!" Caroline yelled at him "no, I already told Stefan that none of you are ever gone see her again, and I keep to my word. So tell me where Bonnie is? Because she's not home. She's not anywhere. Bonnie is playing games with me and I don't like it. Tell her..I'm looking for her. Tell her to come out of the shadows. Tell her that this.." Silas shared, as he stabbed Caroline in the chest, Caroline screamed "is only the beginning." Silas told her, letting Caroline's body go, as she fell to the ground.

It was dark out now, as Caroline's phone was ringing, she woke up and when she did, she realized that the stake was never real as she turned and grabbed her phone, she got up off the ground and ran out of the woods and back toward's the Salvatore boarding house, as Matt came out of nowhere "Caroline!" he voiced, as Caroline screamed "where have you been?" Matt asked her "Matt, we have to get out of here." Caroline told him "no, Caroline. Wait. Caroline, wait, it's okay." Matt told her "no, it's not okay. Silas is out there and he..he made me think that he was Athena." Caroline shared.

"What are you talking about? What's Silas want with you?" Matt asked her "he's trying to get to Bonnie. Do you know where Bonnie is?" Caroline asked him "if I knew where she was, I wouldn't bother with you." Matt told her, grabbing Caroline by the neck "now, get me Bonnie or I'm going to kill someone. Maybe I'll finally put your sister out of her misery once and for all unless she's not already dead." he shared, as Caroline shoved him off of her, she turned and ran, heading up the stairs, Athena then appeared "just like with me, nobody in the house is can help you. Find Bonnie or your sister dies tonight!" Silas voiced, throwing Caroline down the stairs.

Caroline then sped off and toward's her car, dialing Bonnie's number, she got Bonnie's voice mail "Bonnie! Bonnie, where are you? Silas is gonna kill my sister if you don't tell me where you are!" she voiced, getting into her car, she hung up, and as she did, she began backing out of the driveway, but as she did, her car began beeping as someone was standing behind it, she pressed her foot down hard on the break as she turned around nobody was there, as she turned back and looked at her camera, a creature appeared by her drivers side window as she screamed, putting the car in drive, she spun the car around and began driving out of there to find Bonnie.

And Bonnie did come and find Caroline, but by the time she did, both of their phones dinged and as they did, both of their eyes went wide "oh my god." Bonnie said, as Caroline shook her head "no, no, he..he said if I..if I found you this wouldn't happen." she shared, as at the Salvatore boarding house, Matt's phone dinged as he pulled it out of his pocket, he looked at the same message that Bonnie and Caroline had gotten as tears welled in his eyes, Rebekah looked at him worried "what's wrong?" she asked him "I..I need to talk to the other three." Matt shared, standing up, Rebekah stood up "Matt tell me what's happening?" she asked him, as Matt walked away from her.

He walked into the parlor seeing Elena, Stefan and Damon there "what happened?" Damon asked him, seeing the look in his eyes, Elena, Damon and Stefan's phones then rang, as they pulled them out, the two opened the same message that the other's got and when they did, Elena furrowed her brows while Damon's eyes went wide, he looked at Stefan who was staring at his phone, he sped toward's him and grabbed him by the shoulders "it's not real. You hear me? It's another one of Silas's tricks!" he voiced, as Stefan stared at him, not being able to get the picture out of his head, which was of Athena lying on a metal table with her eyes closed and a sheet over her body, like she was dead and lying in a morgue.